Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: New Food Suggestions

  1. #1
    Junior Member sgibson0009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2
    Pets Names
    Peter

    New Food Suggestions

    Our puppy is just about 4 months old and is currently on Royal Cannin and it is pretty awful. I am wanting to switch foods and leaning towards Formm or Farmina. His gas will run you out of the room and is pooping almost every time he goes outside (which is pretty frequent) Any suggestions/recommendations on food?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    74
    Pets Names
    Baer

    Re: New Food Suggestions

    We switch to fromm from royal canine and finallt to farmina as an adult. With the farmina he poops far less. 2 or 3 times instead of 5 or 6. I really like farmina . We've feed the salmon and venison.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    FroxerMom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Hattie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    721
    Pets Names
    Daphne

    Re: New Food Suggestions

    What a cutie :-)
    If you can get your dog off Royal Canin, I definitely would do it.
    If open to trying a commercial raw food, I'd recommend that for many reasons - but one of the best benefits is WAY less poop. My girl poops 2 times per day, and the quantity is less as well. Very little farting going on too. Mine is sensitive to many proteins (especially chicken) so I use duck and pork or beef. If wanting to stick with a kibble, then some brands recommended are FROMM, Acana, Orijen, Zignature, etc...

    Good luck!
    ~ Hattie ~ Mom to Daphne (French Bulldog) and Stella (cat)

  4. #4
    Senior Member antbkny's Avatar
    Real Name
    Anthony
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    169
    Pets Names
    Henry

    Re: New Food Suggestions

    Were currently feeding Steveís real food (frozen raw) and Henry loves it. Poops great and only once a day.
    Instagram @big_bad_henry

  5. #5
    Junior Member sgibson0009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2
    Pets Names
    Peter

    Re: New Food Suggestions

    Thank you guys! I ordered some Farmina today, and will get the switch in motion this weekend. Hopefully we will see some improvement and if not we might try going raw.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    2bullymama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, Pennsylvania, United States
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,104
    Pets Names
    Chelios
    Trophies

    Re: New Food Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by sgibson0009 View Post
    Thank you guys! I ordered some Farmina today, and will get the switch in motion this weekend. Hopefully we will see some improvement and if not we might try going raw.
    Farmina is a really good food.... hopefully it works, if not raw really is best


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    my sweet angel babies
    Nitschke 2004-2011 and Banks 2005-2014

  7. #7
    Junior Member Kenjiujon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1
    Pets Names
    scrappy

    Red face Re: New Food Suggestions

    Quote Originally Posted by FroxerMom View Post
    What a cutie :-)
    If you can get your dog off Royal Canin, I definitely would do it.
    If open to trying a commercial raw food, I'd recommend that for many reasons - but one of the best benefits is WAY less poop. My girl poops 2 times per day, and the quantity is less as well. Very little farting going on too. Mine is sensitive to many proteins (especially chicken) so I use duck and pork or beef. If wanting to stick with a kibble, then some brands recommended are FROMM, Acana, Orijen, Zignature, etc...

    Good luck!
    Thanks for straight to the point suggestions for recommended food brands. It is much appreciated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Baer Rios View Post
    We switch to fromm from royal canine and finallt to farmina as an adult. With the farmina he poops far less. 2 or 3 times instead of 5 or 6. I really like farmina . We've feed the salmon and venison.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgibson0009 View Post
    Thank you guys! I ordered some Farmina today, and will get the switch in motion this weekend. Hopefully we will see some improvement and if not we might try going raw.
    However it seems that Farmina seems to be everyones favourite.

    We'll see if I can get it somewhere, even online in our area and test it.

    Thanks again for the thread and all the suggestions.

    Much appreciated.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    74
    Pets Names
    Baer

    Re: New Food Suggestions

    Chewy.com carries some of the formulas.

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •