Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: “Reputable Breeder” [emoji849]

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Chicago
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    Pets Names
    George

    “Reputable Breeder”

    Check out this woman who made a YouTube video giving instructions on how to find a reputable breeder. She herself breeds non standard frenchies. Love that people in the comments were calling her out on it.

    So ridiculous people like her, who are the worst breeders, are attempting to educate the public on what a reputable breeder is.


    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yHdl4Mj0Yk0


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,610
    Pets Names
    Jax
    Trophies

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    No reputable breeder would breed non standard dogs.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Junior Member Jeffc's Avatar
    Location
    Kansas
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    29
    Pets Names
    Miles and June

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    When I purchased my first Frenchie I wasn’t aware of blue being a unrecognized color by the AKC. How do find reputable breeders that aren’t breeding for colors. What should a person pay for the traditional colored Frenchie?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,610
    Pets Names
    Jax
    Trophies

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffc View Post
    When I purchased my first Frenchie I wasn’t aware of blue being a unrecognized color by the AKC. How do find reputable breeders that aren’t breeding for colors. What should a person pay for the traditional colored Frenchie?
    The best way to find a reputable breeder would be to go to local dog shows and find your local French Bulldog Club and go to a meeting where you can meet breeders. Price might depend on area but I would guess $2,000-$3,500.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Junior Member Jeffc's Avatar
    Location
    Kansas
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    29
    Pets Names
    Miles and June

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    The best way to find a reputable breeder would be to go to local dog shows and find your local French Bulldog Club and go to a meeting where you can meet breeders. Price might depend on area but I would guess $2,000-$3,500.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the advice, both of my babies have been relatively healthy at this point other than my male breaking his leg which cost me around $2,000 to have surgery and my female has minor allergies. They mean everything to my wife and I. We’re going to love them forever regardless and provide them with the best life possible.

  6. #6
    Head Pooper Scooper
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,264
    Pets Names
    Hazel, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Coup

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Best place to find reputable breeders is on the French Bulldog Club of America website. French Bull Dog Club of America and go to the breeders list.
    Have a Great Frenchie Day
    Frenchie hugs and kisses from: Hazel, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Coup
    Member of French Bulldog Club of America, Bulldog Club of America, & Bulldog Club of Texas

  7. #7
    Junior Member Jeffc's Avatar
    Location
    Kansas
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    29
    Pets Names
    Miles and June

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Best place to find reputable breeders is on the French Bulldog Club of America website. French Bull Dog Club of America and go to the breeders list.
    I pulled up that link out of curiosity, and still didn’t see any information to reputable breeders. I’m sure I’m just missing something forgive my ignorance.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Chicago
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    Pets Names
    George

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffc View Post
    I pulled up that link out of curiosity, and still didn’t see any information to reputable breeders. I’m sure I’m just missing something forgive my ignorance.
    https://frenchbulldogclub.org/breeders/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Chicago
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    4
    Pets Names
    George

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    The best way to find a reputable breeder would be to go to local dog shows and find your local French Bulldog Club and go to a meeting where you can meet breeders. Price might depend on area but I would guess $2,000-$3,500.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I found my breeder from the French bulldog club of America’s web site. I paid $4,000 (worth every penny).

    I was also speaking to 3 other reputable breeders (also in the club). Two in Michigan were charging $3,000 and $4,000 respectively.

    The last breeder actually sold Martha Stewart her 2 Frenchies, and his pups go for $6,000+. I passed on him. I didn’t need a Martha Stewart level frenchie . Though I think he mentioned his dog won best of breed at Westminster this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    Cbrugs's Avatar
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,610
    Pets Names
    Jax
    Trophies

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson1834 View Post
    I found my breeder from the French bulldog club of America’s web site. I paid $4,000 (worth every penny).

    I was also speaking to 3 other reputable breeders (also in the club). Two in Michigan were charging $3,000 and $4,000 respectively.

    The last breeder actually sold Martha Stewart her 2 Frenchies, and his pups go for $6,000+. I passed on him. I didn’t need a Martha Stewart level frenchie . Though I think he mentioned his dog won best of breed at Westminster this year.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I paid $2,000 for Jax but that was 7 years ago. My English Bulldog was $2,500 3 years ago but I know breeders that are now charging $3,500.

    I think the popularity of bulldogs has increased the price.

    I would never pay $6,000 for a dog though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Junior Member Jeffc's Avatar
    Location
    Kansas
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    29
    Pets Names
    Miles and June

    Re: “Reputable Breeder”

    Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    I paid $2,000 for Jax but that was 7 years ago. My English Bulldog was $2,500 3 years ago but I know breeders that are now charging $3,500.

    I think the popularity of bulldogs has increased the price.

    I would never pay $6,000 for a dog though.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I paid $3,000 for my male and $2,500 for my female and I felt like a crazy person in doing so.$6,000 is completely nuts in my opinion.

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •