Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 19 of 19

Thread: Confused and new to the breed

  1. #13
    Senior Member Become a 4 Paw Member
    Jakeyjake's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laura
    Country
    USA
    Location
    California
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,495
    Pets Names
    Jake & Stella

    Re: Confused and new to the breed

    Quote Originally Posted by frenchiemomma View Post
    Hi all! First off I have been researching the breed for awhile now and after we lost our boxer we decided to find a reputable french bulldog breeder and put down our deposit once we were approved. The puppy just turned 4 weeks old today and I'm concerned about her size. She's 2.5 lbs but she seems so small. My husband seems to think its because I'm used to the boxer size and I tend to overly worry about my animals. Does she look like a normal frenchie puppy? I have googled and looked through so many pictures online that my head is spinning. I don't want to offend the breeder but I'm so nervous. Our boxer we just lost..it was a very rough 13 yrs for him and us and I'm so worried with her size that something could be wrong. Attachment 14023
    Stella was 4.1 pounds when we got her at 8 weeks old and Jake was 8.8, but he was 10 weeks old. Stella currently weighs 21 lbs. (lean) and Jake is 27 lbs.
    Mom to Jake & StellaIG @Jake_the_frenchie

  2. #14
    Head Pooper Scooper
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,281
    Pets Names
    Hazel, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Coup

    Re: Confused and new to the breed

    Hi @frenchiemomma, I don't want to be a bummer, but I hope you can get your money back. That is NOT a very well bred Frenchie. The color is off, looks like a faded blue. The nose is too long and the head is just not a good look for a Frenchie. This breeder can't be a reputable breeder. Here is a pic of a well bred Frenchie at 5 weeks of age. Plus that is not a healthy looking pup. Eyes are way too wide too and should not stick out like that, looks like a Chihuahua.

    -katie-5-weeks-jpg

    -katie-5-weeks-jpg
    Last edited by davidh; 08-03-2020 at 02:36 PM.
    Have a Great Frenchie Day
    Frenchie hugs and kisses from: Hazel, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Coup
    Member of French Bulldog Club of America, Bulldog Club of America, & Bulldog Club of Texas

  3. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    7
    Pets Names
    Lily

    Re: Confused and new to the breed

    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    Hi @frenchiemomma, I don't want to be a bummer, but I hope you can get your money back. That is NOT a very well bred Frenchie. The color is off, looks like a faded blue. The nose is too long and the head is just not a good look for a Frenchie. This breeder can't be a reputable breeder. Here is a pic of a well bred Frenchie at 5 weeks of age. Plus that is not a healthy looking pup. Eyes are way too wide too and should not stick out like that, looks like a Chihuahua.

    -katie-5-weeks-jpg

    -katie-5-weeks-jpg
    Hi Davidh... ty! I went with my gut feeling on it and backed out of it completely. I'm now on a waiting list so maybe 6 months if all goes well.

  4. #16

    Re: Confused and new to the breed

    I'm contemplating on getting a male black tri frenchbulldog

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #17
    Head Pooper Scooper
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    davidh's Avatar
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    4,281
    Pets Names
    Hazel, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Coup

    Re: Confused and new to the breed

    @frenchiemomma I'm happy you backed out. Hopefully you are going with a different breeder, one that doesn't breed for color.
    Have a Great Frenchie Day
    Frenchie hugs and kisses from: Hazel, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Coup
    Member of French Bulldog Club of America, Bulldog Club of America, & Bulldog Club of Texas

  6. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    7
    Pets Names
    Lily

    Re: Confused and new to the breed

    Quote Originally Posted by davidh View Post
    @frenchiemomma I'm happy you backed out. Hopefully you are going with a different breeder, one that doesn't breed for color.
    We are on a waiting list with a completely different breeder and she doesn't deal with the "rare" colors.

  7. #19

    Re: Confused and new to the breed

    Quote Originally Posted by frenchiemomma View Post
    We are on a waiting list with a completely different breeder and she doesn't deal with the "rare" colors.
    Can you recommend your breeder to me by personal message

    Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •