sleeping question

coolcat46

Reaction score
we have a female blonde frenchy who we have had since 6 weeks old and now is 12 weeks,.
She diesnt seem to want to sleep past 6am and for me thats early!!!

We usually put her in for the night at around 10:30 pm...is this usual for Frenchys and any hints would be appreciated...
Dont want to really have her sleep in bed wth us.....

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
When we first got Jax (he was 10 1/2 weeks old) and he would go to sleep for the night around 9 pm and would wake up between 6 - 6:30 am having to go to the bathroom. He is now 8 months old and he sometimes will sleep until 10 am. At such a young age, they cannot hold in their pee/poop all night. I assume as she gets older, she will be able to sleep in a bit.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Does she wake up in the middle of the night to have you let her out for the bathroom? Because if she isn't let out all night from 10:30-6 It is understandable she would cry and wake up to go outside.
My girl will go to bed around 10:30 and 90% of the time she is up around 3-4am to go outside. After taking her out at that time, she will sleep till 8 or 9am if you let her.But she always has to go to the bathroom either in the middle of the night or early morning.

Julie Stevenson

Reaction score
I agree with both posts. If she's going from 10:30PM till 6AM without making a mess or getting up in the middle of the night you should be counting your lucky stars that you get to sleep till 6AM with a 3 month old puppy. She is holding it a long time. You have a couple options. One continue with the schedule as is and hope she will extend the time she holds it till 7 or 8 (but realize that's a long time for any dog to hold it) OR you might consider setting an alarm for 2 or 3AM and take her out then and then sleep till 7 or 8AM.

Ollie is 6 months now almost and we go to bed about 9PM each night and we go potty just before bed each night and then we are up at 5:30AM. He's holding it longer than I do at night that's for sure. I'm up at least once most nights.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
At that age Buster was getting up to potty between 3 and 4 am. Now he can make it until 6:30. As she grows, so will her bladder!

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Stella is about 1 and 1/2 years old and I still have to get up to let her out for a midnight potty break sometimes. Lol

If she is restless other than needing a potty break, you could try and wear her down before bedtime. Play fetch or maybe take her for a good walk (weather permitting of course, not sure if your climate permits), maybe she will sleep more soundly.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Once she gets a little older she will sleep longer through the night.

BellaMayBulldog

Reaction score
Bella would go down about ten and then I would hear her whine to go out about 3-4am, but sometimes I would wake her to go pee. Pups can't go that long without going to potty. Try waking up at four am and letting her out then put her back in her bed. If she whines tell her, "no" or "quiet" pick a word and stay consistent. It may take a while but she will get it. Puppies are like newborn babies!!! They don't let you sleep.

~ Loving life with our Frenchie

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
It is for our boy... Cheli is up and ready to go at 5:00AM EVERY DAY! I take him pooty, feed him and then he goes back to sleep

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Cosette is 3 and she gets up with me at 5:30 but then goes back to sleep till about 10.
Nice life.