Question about tear stains

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I know there have been previous posts about tear stains but I am looking for some clarification. I thought I was lucky and that Jax did not have them, but I just discovered he does. I've seen people post about witch hazel. Does that get rid of/lighten them or is that just to help clean the area once the stains are gone? I've also read that people use Malacetic Otic. Is this the one - http://www.amazon.com/MalAcetic-Oti...7210886&sr=1-1&keywords=malacetic+ultra+otic?

With whatever cleanser used, do you use a cotton ball? Qtip? Do you dry the area afterwards? Sorry for all the questions and if you have already answered in another post, but I want to do whatever I can.

Thanks!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Witch hazel and the malacetic wipes help keep the area clean which in turns help lessen the tear stain color. You do not need to dry as both have a natural drying agent to them and a cotton ball or qtip are fine to use... I use the flat cotton pads

coolcat46

Reaction score
I bought the malacetic wipes and they seem to work pretty well, ordered them online not too expensive....