First time vomiting

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Oh noo. So last night I woke up at 4 in the morning because my little girl was throwing up!I got up immediately but she had already eaten a lot of it. Gross! So I let her our ,wiped of the vomit from her cute little mouth, and she peed and pooed. The stool was just as usual: wet but firm. She was behaving as usual and I let her sleep on the bed for about an hour while I was on my phone looking up possible reasons. I posted just a couple days ago about the sideeffects of Distemper /Parvovirus vaccines and how it can actually trigger the disease instead of preventing it so of course that was my first thought!!! But then I was trying to calm myself down and think of more reasonable causes: I dropped an All dressed potato chip yesterday ,I wasnt fast enough so she had already crunched it down before I could do anything. When I wore my barn boots in the kitchen (I know shame on me but I needed something right quick) a piece of manure/dirt fell of my boot and omce again she ate it before I could do anything. Maybe that might have upset her little tummy? It was only a tiny piece though.. Or maybe it was that in combination with the potato chip. I dont know. All I know is that I am soo worried :( This morning she had a normal poo , hungry as usual,behaving as usual.
But I told my bf if she throws up again or gets diarhea we will go to the vet.
Of course I had nightmares for the rest of the night of her throwing up blood and being all weak at the vet hospital being bottle fed. Argh..horrible. I am sooo worried :(

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your long night... Glad to hear Maple is feeling better this morning. I wouldn't worry too too much just yet... Puppy's puke... at least mine has a couple times. Usually something she ate just didn't agree with her stomach, and one time she threw up because she swallowed a couple small pieces of her chewy nylabone. I am sure she will be fine especially since you said she seemed normal this morning and was hungry as usual, that's a very good sign. Make sure she drinks plenty of water, and just keep an eye on her.

mhuinker

Reaction score
:yes: Agree with Trish. Poor little baby. I'm sure something just didn't agree with her little tummy. Sounds like she feels better now, but just keep an eye on her.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Sounds like Maple is doing better. You will hopefully get a good nights sleep tonight.

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Thank you guys !
A little update : So far she has been just fine. Running around,playing,eating,drinking. Maple is just being Maple.
I am so, so happy!!! :D
Gosh I was scared & worried... U guys probably think Im crazy :p She is just so precious and I felt so helpless when she felt sick.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
agreed --- upset belly from the unexpected 'nuggets' she got a hold of

em3706

Reaction score
Thank you guys !
A little update : So far she has been just fine. Running around,playing,eating,drinking. Maple is just being Maple.
Gosh I was scared & worried... U guys probably think Im crazy :p She is just so precious and I felt so helpless when she felt sick.

This happens to Sebastian from time to time, I was freaking out the first time. As long as hes eating, drinking and just being his normal self I don't worry too much. (that's what my Vet told me)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
They will get upset tummies from time to time, from eating stuff they shouldn't or from a little tummy bug. It's when they keep throwing up is when you need to get concerned. Glad she is doing better.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Thank you guys !

Not crazy at all! She is so very precious! Now I'm the worried mommy, as my Leo has Beene sick all morning. :(
Glad that Maple is better!