Sick little boy

mhuinker

Reaction score
So now I me worried mommy. Leo was up at 3 this morning throwing up. He continued to throw up until he didn't have anything left to throw up, then proceeded to have what I would call the dry heaves. After he seemed to calm down from that I took him out for pee pees, and when he came back in his breathing was very shallow and quick (we noticed his breathing before we took him out), and he didn't look "right". So I sat with him for a little while until he quieted down and then took him to bed with us where he lied there for a while not breathing right and looking around. Finally he went to sleep and got some rest until the alarm went off. He woke up "heaving" and puked some flem up a couple of times, which is where we are now. He's finally resting a little now.

I'm hoping his vet will see him today! I don't know what to do for my little boy! I wish they could talk!

Tgirl

Reaction score
Could he have gotten into something he shouldn't have?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

winginit66

Reaction score
Keep us posted Michelle. Hope he's feeling better soon. Could he have eaten something off the tree???

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor Leo! Hope everything is ok. Keep us posted!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Poor Leo. Keeping him hydrated is important. Please keep us updated.

mhuinker

Reaction score
I'm starting to think pet insurance might be a good idea. Lol. But I have an acct set up for his health bills. Just not sure which is best.

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Oh noo :(

Wishing you aaall the best !! Hopefully its just something minor. Its Christmas next week the little one needs to be fit for Santa!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Well, $200 later, LOL, Leo has an upset tummy from what we could gather. :) Had an x-ray done just to make sure he didn't swallow something he should not have and it came back good, nothing in there but a bunch of poop! :) The vet gave him an injection for nausea which will hopefully work. He is sleeping now, but unfortunately I have to go to work sometime today. :( Still not eating or drinking, but maybe that will change soon. The vet was very good with him, I feel confident with this vet. I just wonder if maybe it was his food. :(

em3706

Reaction score
so happy to hear that its something no too serious :)

pbois

Reaction score
Poor thing, but glad it seems to be nothing too serious.

I would play detective and see if you can figure anything out. New bag of food, at the end of a bag of food, any new treats, etc.... Sometimes, though, we never figure these things out as he could have eaten a bug or something you just wouldn't have known about. Hope he recovers quickly!

HugosMama

Reaction score
Glad the vet didn't find anything serious-- really hope he feels better soon!

winginit66

Reaction score
Glad to hear he got a good report (well, at least no blockage or anything like that). If you have the clean up from earlier you might look at it, just to see what was in it.... if you are playing detective, that is.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Glad to hear he got a good report (well, at least no blockage or anything like that). If you have the clean up from earlier you might look at it, just to see what was in it.... if you are playing detective, that is.

I looked at it as I was cleaning it up this morning and didn't see anything unusual, just flem and dog food, which I guess is good there wasn't something unusual in it. I just feel so helpless, poor little boy! :(

mhuinker

Reaction score
I can deal with the puking, but when the puking is over and he still isn't feeling himself and breathing funny, that's when I start to panic. :( Good news we did get at the vet is that his liver count for the ATL is down to a normal range! Yaaaa! :) That made me happy because I've been worrying about that too.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Poor thing, but glad it seems to be nothing too serious.

I would play detective and see if you can figure anything out. New bag of food, at the end of a bag of food, any new treats, etc.... Sometimes, though, we never figure these things out as he could have eaten a bug or something you just wouldn't have known about. Hope he recovers quickly!

I'm racking my brains believe me! :) We are in the middle of his bag of dry kibble and about done with the log of raw that was opened about 2 weeks ago. I'm brand new at this raw feeding and have no idea, but maybe that food had something bad about it, or it just simply started disagreeing with him??? I have no idea!! :( I don't recall the brand at the time, but the flavor he was on when we got him was "all natural" - it looked like ground beef actually. The breeder mentioned that one and turkey, which he has had since we've had him home as well. Right now he is on the quail. I'm wondering if switching flavors is upset his little tummy?

Tgirl

Reaction score
Dogs pick up stomach viruses just like we do. I'm sure he will be fine.:)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2