Anyone use Orijen? Having some probs with Hugo...

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
on raw puppy diet. Winston is raw fed and all in all is great on it (apart from obsessive paw licking which he already had with dry food) We put Hugo on a complete raw puppy food but it is hit and miss with his poo's. He has a habit of eating his poo when very soft/runny and leaving them when firm (which is good). Although he doesn't look underweight he however looks slightly less chunky than he should especially for a Puppy ( he weigh's 5.5kg).

Anyway we thought we would change him over to a high grade dry food and although very expensive the Orijen seems to look the best and has received 5 stars from which dog foods awards website over in the Uk. Any opinions or suggestions appreciated :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe Orijen is very high in protein so you might want to be careful with that. Fromm is also a high quality dog food that a lot of people on here use. I am in the process of switching Jax over to Nature's Variety Instinct LID Duck.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Buster and Ruggles eat NVI Limited Ingredient Turkey, I just ordered some Lamb for Buster!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I have not used it, but I have heard very good things about from EB users

Shelltoes

Reaction score
I had Louie on the Puppy formula and he had puddin' poops and was a bit gassy. I assume the chicken didn't agree with him..I have since switched to the Regional Red formula, poops are great, no gas and he loves it! I also noticed his coat seems to be very healthy thick and shiny. Highly recommend this food.

jlsr

Reaction score
Hi, I have been feeding Origen 6 fish to Roo and his coat looks great but the gas!!! OMG he can clear a room out when he toots. I may try the regional red or Acana.

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
update we put Hugo on Acana puppy food and it didn't go well runny bum, so did 18 hours no food and gave him diaorasyl for puppies after that gave him steamed plain cod and all was fine so then tried him with the lamb and apple for sensitive tums and that was a runny washout as well :( We have decided to go back to raw and monitor at the raw feeding shop each day. Have to say my 2 are gassy anyway but the was a significant increase in gas and it smelt vile ie intorable smell

Fred

Reaction score
I've never used it but I was told it was a good quality food. Fred doesn't do good with fish of potatoes so I put him on a local brand called zignature. He is doing wonderful on it. I get the turkey formula but they have a bunch of different ones. My vet also said there is a local raw food that I can put him on. He said they use kangaroo meat. The place is called harmony.

Fred was really gassy too but this food seems to agree with him. No problems yet. Urban pets carries the brand.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

kim

Reaction score
After a few weeks of getting our puppy we switched her to Fromm Puppy Gold from the food the breeder had her on. Most pet stores here don't carry Fromm and we couldn't find it so we switched her to Orijen. She loved it but it didn't love her. She was gassy and had very loose poops. We now stock up on Fromm so we will never run out again.

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
Been back on the raw for over a week now and we seem to have got the balance right (touch wood) poo's are solid and reduced in amount and way less gas explosions! Hope it stays that way now!