How to tell seasonal allergies from food allergies

dvalencia22

Reaction score
We recently changed our puppy from royal canin bulldog pup to fromm gold puppy. Our frenchy pup has developed pimple like rash under his arm pits and neck? Could this be a result from the food change or seasonal allergies? Can some thing have bit him? He's only 3 months old. How can you normally tell the difference between seasonal and food allergies?

gmarti20

Reaction score
We're also changing our 3 month old from royal canin (to blue buffalo).... only difference so far is his poo. I'll be on the lookout for rashes.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I've changed my 8 month old's food several times and just changed it again last week due to itchy paws, red ears. I'm not sure if it is food or environmental allergies but if this food doesn't work, I might get an allergy test done so I know for sure.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
It could be the food, it's hard to tell. We had an English pup who was on FROMM puppy gold and she chewed her front paws. We put her on FROMM Game Bird and within a week she stopped chewing her paws and they cleared right up.

wgroves

Reaction score
Through trial and error we have discovered that any food/treats with soy in them cause Chewy's feet to become red and itchy, and for him to loose little round patches of hair on his forehead. He is currently on Blue Wilderness Salmon, and we make sure all his treats are soy free. So far so good. Bald patches have all gone away :)