Shy Puppy. Toy suggestions?

imwithgreen

Reaction score
I just got my new baby yesterday. He's still pretty shy, timid, and not very playful. I knew he was the more shy puppy between my puppy and his sister. Do you guys have any suggestions or toy suggestions that will help him feel more comfortable in these first few days and beyond? I just want to make him feel comfortable in his new home.

winginit66

Reaction score
Any other pets in the home? I probably won't be much help because Gidget was playing with her new sister within minutes of being put down on the floor. Maybe some squeeky toys? Maybe something that rolls and makes noise at the same time...

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Hi and welcome [MENTION=394]imwithgreen[/MENTION]. Congratulations on your new baby Frenchie. Have you done an introduction yet? We all love pictures, too! Your new baby will be shy for a few days until he gets used to his new "digs", then he'll own the place. We have plenty of nylabones (large size), Kong toys, and a couple of Hard Core Fire Hose toys. Our little guys really like to chew!

imwithgreen

Reaction score
Yes he does have a sister. She's a 1 year old pit bull. She is mostly calm in the apartment and isn't pushing him to play yet but is sweetly checking on him a lot.

He also hasn't eaten yet, I picked him up last night.

I will try squeaky toys!

Thanks everyone!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
It just takes some time for them to get used to the new place. He will come around. We buy ours Nylabones, and Kongs to play with. Plus we have a rubber ball they like playing with.

winginit66

Reaction score
Can't wait to see some pics of big sister checking on him. Bet that is really cute. So funny, I don't think Gidget was ever shy about anything!!! She came in and was like... oh, cool, these other animals live here too. She was wrestling her Cairn sister to the floor that night.

Do you have a name yet? Must update us all w/ pics!!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Just let him roam around and get to know the home... watch carefully, but he will come around in no time to be the restless clowns that the Frenchie is