What's in a name?

winginit66

Reaction score
For those of you who don't already know (and could only be brand new members as much posting as I've done about it) we are ready to be new parents to siblings - male and female Frenchies. I had a female name all picked out but now the puppy has changed (another post...) and I don't see the female with that name - which was Piper. Love the name, but just don't think it fits this one. Much dissention in the household about the suggested (OK - all mine) names and I am typically met with "that is horrible". Wondering how many of you had a name before a puppy, waited to name the puppy after you brought it home, didn't have a name 2 weeks later....

My 12-yr old son, Parker, wants to name the male BubbaGump. Not sure how many others might answer to this in Southwest VA if I am in public calling the dog. At least calling for Bubba. Ay yay yay. Suggested Waldo (which I really, really like) see reaction above. Suggested Edison (so the boys could call for Big Ed) - see reaction above.

As far as the female goes... totally stumped. Suggested Paris, see reaction above. Suggested Chloe, see reaction above. Suggested Arwen, see reaction above.

Going to see them tomorrow. Hope to have some updated pics. They will be 6 wks old.

ctate

Reaction score
It took my husband and I at least a week to name our dogs. I think it is best to see what their personalities are.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Ooooooh, so many name choices!

:hmm: i have to think this one through with tomorrow's pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Once I see some pictures I will help with name suggestions! :) don't feel silly about stressing over names, it's a big deal! But it's funny how no matter what we name out dogs they tend to fit them perfectly eventually!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We changed Buster's name several time the first week we had him! I can't wait to see the 6 week old pictures. I'm excited for you!

Maybe you could give the pups a first name and a middle name!

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Oh my, they are adorable. Which is the boy and which is the girl. Do you want us to try and help by throwing our favorite names out there? :)

winginit66

Reaction score
I would LOVE to hear name suggestions!!! The female is the red pied and male is brindle pied.

At this time, we are leaning towards Olivia for the female and Wilson for the male.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Okay, here are some of my favs for names

Girls - Camille (Cami for short), Izzi, Sally, Lola, Dixie,
Boys- Franklin, Alfred, Jagger, Harvey, Poe, Ace

For the most part I am a fan of dogs having people names. Lol I do like Olivia a lot, that is a good one :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Such cuties. I would say get them home and get to know them a little but, and I bet a name will come to you.

winginit66

Reaction score
My husband and I were like two little kids today!!!

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Okay, here are some of my favs for names

Girls - Camille (Cami for short), Izzi, Sally, Lola, Dixie,
Boys- Franklin, Alfred, Jagger, Harvey, Poe, Ace

For the most part I am a fan of dogs having people names. Lol I do like Olivia a lot, that is a good one :)

I also love people names for dogs!!

I'm narrow minded and name all my animals with the same letter, an M :) if I continue to keep as many animals as I do, I'm afraid I might run out of M names though!

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
I think the girl looks like a Lola(one of our horses names)
& the boy looks like a Harvey (I like that name).

We were first going with a boy and I would have called him Cooper , but then we saw Maple and decided we would go with a female. The name Maple actually just popped in my mind but I wanted a nice "long" name so Maple leaf of Autumn it was ;)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG they are both tooooooooo precious! I love them.

Our Bulldogs both had names before we even got them... as will our next Bulldog. But our Frenchie was a surprise addition and it took us three or four days to come up with a name that we both liked. They are all named after sports guys that my b/f liked on his favorite teams --- Nitschke, Banks and Chelios