Does this look like a purebred?

force

Reaction score
I came across this young dog being labeled as a Frenchie. Although very cute! The colouring and face makes me think that there's some Boston Terrier or similar breed in it. Does it look like a purebred French Bulldog to you?

$_20.jpg$_201.jpg$_203.jpg$_204.jpg

trishkidd24

Reaction score
To me personally, I think it looks more Frenchie then Boston. Bostons tend to have the more triangular shaped ears and skinnier body frame. This little guy has the round big bat ears and stocky body? Color and Markings really don't have anything to do with the french bulldog breed, seems like they come in all different colors.

force

Reaction score
To me personally, I think it looks more Frenchie then Boston. Bostons tend to have the more triangular shaped ears and skinnier body frame. This little guy has the round big bat ears and stocky body? Color and Markings really don't have anything to do with the french bulldog breed, seems like they come in all different colors.

Thanks! That's what I figured, but I do think it has some Boston Terrier in it. It's snout is too long and squared to be full Frenchie imo.

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
I think there might be a Boston or a similar breed mixed into. I too think the snout is too long & square for a Frenchy.

mhuinker

Reaction score
It looks like Frenchie to me with the exception of the nose being a bit longer than typical, so he may be mixed with something (could be about anything and not necessarily BT), but the color markings could be all Frenchie. The nose is what looks "off" to me. He is a cute little guy though regardless! :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely has the Frenchie ears but not the snout as it's more long than smushed.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Nope, head is not square and the nose is too long, and ears don't sit quiet right on it's head. But it is a cutie.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
What an adorable pup! My little Buster is a "blend" also!

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
ahh now I think he looks like Hugo! When we went to see Hugo I mentioned his nose is slightly longer than expected the breeder said it was intentional to stop breathing probs etc. He didn't elaborate more and as we saw Hugo's KC registration papers etc I didn't really ask more. However several times I've said to Mike my hubby I don't think he is full frenchie. Doesn't matter he's cute as a button an love him to bits I suppose only contention would be the price paid and feeling a bit miffed at being ripped off. I have to say he doesn't snuffle or snore like Winston or do the Frenchie talking thing.......I always thought that Frenchies were a mix of bulldog, pug and Boston. I think Hugo has Boston in him .

force

Reaction score
If she's not full Frenchie, I'm curious what she could be mixed with. My initial thought was a Boston but I'm not sure.

Anyway she's a 6-month old pup!

Reaction score
I came across this young dog being labeled as a Frenchie. Although very cute! The colouring and face makes me think that there's some Boston Terrier or similar breed in it. Does it look like a purebred French Bulldog to you?

View attachment 2110View attachment 2111View attachment 2112View attachment 2113
He has the ears and flat head but the nose is all wrong and so is the body. It's difficult for me to tell about the feet but a French Bulldog has distinctive feet. You can look inside his mouth too and tell. The jaw and teeth are distinctive. He's definitely part Frenchie and maybe only part. Nonetheless if you're not wanting a champion don't worry unless they're asking a lot of $ because I definitely wouldn't pay $3000 for this particular dog. PS: That's not Boston either, the head is all wrong.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
What about part Chihuahua? I saw something online that looked similar to him, they are calling them "Hybrid" dogs I guess... A French Bullhuahua??? ha google search pictures... kind of looks like the same feet your guy has? Might explain the longer snout too?

Reaction score
What about part Chihuahua? I saw something online that looked similar to him, they are calling them "Hybrid" dogs I guess... A French Bullhuahua??? ha google search pictures... kind of looks like the same feet your guy has? Might explain the longer snout too?
I like that. I'm going to have to Google that :-D That could definitely be a FBD/Chihuahua body. Very good!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I am not a pro, so all I can say is .... he sure is one cute little fella!

petitsfilous

Reaction score
I would say chihuahua too. Very slender body and would explain the longer snout and larger, angled ears.

petitsfilous

Reaction score
ahh now I think he looks like Hugo! When we went to see Hugo I mentioned his nose is slightly longer than expected the breeder said it was intentional to stop breathing probs etc. He didn't elaborate more and as we saw Hugo's KC registration papers etc I didn't really ask more. However several times I've said to Mike my hubby I don't think he is full frenchie. Doesn't matter he's cute as a button an love him to bits I suppose only contention would be the price paid and feeling a bit miffed at being ripped off. I have to say he doesn't snuffle or snore like Winston or do the Frenchie talking thing.......I always thought that Frenchies were a mix of bulldog, pug and Boston. I think Hugo has Boston in him .

Im pretty sure I read somewhere that it is the pug, bulldog and terrier that make up the frenchie :)