Coconut & Cranberry

milano88

Reaction score
I wanted to get people's thoughts on giving frenchies coconut oil and cranberry extract. A few frenchie owners told me the coconut oil helps a lot with skin allergies and keeps a smooth coat. And the cranberry extract is suppose to be good at preventing UTIs and bladder infections. My pup has had 2 bladder infections since I got her a month ago so I really wanted to find something to help prevent them going forward.

Does anyone use either/both of them? Or have you heard any positives or negatives on using them?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I don't use either one, but if you want to give it to your Frenchie, I don't see where it will hurt anything.

petitsfilous

Reaction score
I have no experience with either but have heard good things about both. If you decide to give them a go keep us updated :)

winginit66

Reaction score
I would like to know more about the Coconut oil. How is it delivered? Over food?

milano88

Reaction score
I actually use coconut butter so it has the meat in it and you can give it by the spoonful. She loves it! I use it to get her into her crate. She's still itching a little but its only been a few weeks so maybe it takes time to kick in

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I just started this weekend giving Jax coconut oil. I did some reading and you start out small 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon over a couple weeks and then build up to 1 teaspoon per 10 pounds. I put some in a shot glass and then put that into hot water to melt it and then pour over his kibble.