My Name Is Sergeant but You Can Call Me Sarge

Reaction score
I have been a member since August but this is the first time I have ever seen this area to introduce yourself. Today it just showed right up on the page instead of the normal Home Page.

In July of 2012 I finally talked my husband into a dog. I researched several breeds and one I was very interested in was the French Bulldog. I really didn't want a young puppy because I felt too old to go through the puppy antics but for the life of me I couldn't get anyone to return E-mails or calls regarding possibilities of older puppies or dogs. I felt like we were the perfect home for a retiree since my husband retired in May 2012. He was A State of Utah Deputy Prison Warden. I am from Florida and still run the Florida business I have done since 1989, now from our home. I find dental professionals (dentists, hygienists and dental assistants) jobs in the State of Florida. Someone is home 24/7. We have our own home which sits on 3 acres and we have a fenced yard both front and back. I have raised many different breeds and also do grooming. I was a hair dresser by trade and learned to hand strip my scotties which led me to learn other breed grooming.

One day I received a return E-mail from a gal in Texas who said she no longer had Frenchies but gave me the name of 3 breeders that she personally knew. I found websites and started to look. There was a lady in Oklahoma that had just had a litter of pups. There were 2 males in the litter, one brindle and one brindle pied. I took one look at that pied boy and knew he was mine! The breeder would send me photos along the way so I could watch him grow because we live in Utah. We spent weeks trying to name him and then one day I thought about where he was born, on the Osage Plains, and so I looked up a Lakota translator and put in the words "Little Soldier". That would be his name, Cikala Akicita, Little soldier: and we would call him Sergeant, "Sarge". She released him for travel at 9 weeks and we picked him up at the Salt Lake Airport on 12/17/2012, a day before my daughter came from Florida to meet her new fur brother.

Sarge has been a delight. He house broke right away. He has never chewed anything that doesn't belong to him. He's had his share of medical issues which have all been pretty expensive but he is actually healthy as a horse :) He did have an issue with my husband, or shall I say "has", of barking and lunging at his feet when he walks but we hired a personal trainer and he's fixed for the most part. He's a good boy and I feel he was a meant to be dog. For as hard as I fought for an older dog Sarge turned out to be a perfect dog and by far the best puppy I ever owned. :yes:
Sarge_11.6.2013_3Wks.jpg This is what Sarge looked like when I "Chose" him.
Sergeant10.122013.jpg This is Sarge today. :D

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and Sarge is just a cutie. Frenchies are a breed of their own with so much personality, I just love them.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:smileywelcome: Welcome Kris & Sarge! He sure is a handsome little man!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
What a great intro.... Sarge sure was one adorable little puppy and is becoming a handsome boy

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Great intro! Love hearing your story of how Sarge came into your life :)

Reaction score
Thank you for all the "Welcomes" everyone. Sarge says he loves all of you. :angelheart::angelheart::heartsign::heartsign::lubu::lubu: