Rare colours?

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Okay I know everybody has a different opinion on this topic but Id like to bring it up anyways :)
The "official" frenchie colours are brindle,pied,fawn and cream? Did I forgot any?
Now we all know that there are mouse/blue coloured beautiful frenchies as well. In fact Maples dad is a blue ("shark" ) frenchy from Hungary. Yesterday I found a breeder on the internet that breeds frenchies and english bulldog in "rare " colours. Their puppys sell from $6000 up $10000, and most of them were sold so people actually do spend that much money on them. I found what is called a "dark sable " frenchy which looks 100% like Maple. I thought she is a red fawn,but now I realized she is a sable.
Has anybody heard of this colour before? Is this an "official "(AKC /CKC) Frenchy colour?
This is Maple
null_zps45bd75e9.jpg

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Maple is beautiful! I don't know much about "rare" colors except they come from recessive genes and sometimes bring health issues with them!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
she is a beauty..... sorry I really do not know anything about the 'rare' colors.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
She is a beauty, and not sure if her color is recognized by AKC, but I doubt it. I am totally against people breeding the "rare" colors and in my opinion, people are crazy for paying that much money for something that is not AKC standard, but some people are trying to breed just for money with no regard to health. These breeders should be put out of business. But unfortunately the only way that will happen is for people to stop buying these "rare" colors. Reputable breeders will bred for show and to AKC standards and try to better the breed. This is my opinion only and I know there are people who will disagree with me on this, but that's OK because they are entitled to their opinion.

pbois

Reaction score
She is a beauty, and not sure if her color is recognized by AKC, but I doubt it. I am totally against people breeding the "rare" colors and in my opinion, people are crazy for paying that much money for something that is not AKC standard, but some people are trying to breed just for money with no regard to health. These breeders should be put out of business. But unfortunately the only way that will happen is for people to stop buying these "rare" colors. Reputable breeders will bred for show and to AKC standards and try to better the breed. This is my opinion only and I know there are people who will disagree with me on this, but that's OK because they are entitled to their opinion.

I completely agree. We have the same issues within the Labrador breed. "Breeders" popping up trying to breed for the "silver" color and charging an arm and a leg, but as long as people buy them these people will keep producing them.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
I am going to agree with David on this one.
Our Breeder did her best to better the breed by focusing on health advantages in breeding. For instance she said she picks her male and females carefully based on each of the dogs individual traits. Margie's Dad had a short smushed in muzzle, so our breeder picked a female with a little longer snout in hopes of having puppies with the perfect balance, so breathing was as easy as possible while still falling in AKC standards. She did the same for body size and such. Never once did my breeder mention color being a factor in her process of choosing male and females for mating.
[MENTION=272]pbois[/MENTION] my friend purchased a "Silver" lab because they liked the color. It always seemed odd to me because there seemed to be no consideration as to the health of the puppy only the color... You are right, it will never stop until people refuse to buy these "rare" over priced colors. Breeders need to stay focused on whats important, health.