My Frenchie Doesn't get Along with other dogs.

drew086

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if some one can Help me I have a 4mth old french bulldog who keeps trying to pick a fight with my cousin other 2 dogs a poodle and a shitzu he constantly tries to bite them. Any Idea on how to deal with this problem,

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
At 4 months old he is still full of pup and I would say he is playing with them, as pups do a lot of biting when they play.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
I would agree, he is playing. My pup was the same way at that age when we brought her to puppy class at an obedience school. She was an aggressive player but the trainers all said she was displaying the correct play signals to the other puppies, the other puppies were just afraid of her and didn't want to play as rough as she did. She will grow out of the rough playing, I would just be sure to continue to socialize her with other dogs as she gets older so she doesn't develop any aggression issues.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
That is good advice from David and Trish. He is playing like he played with his litter mates.

We'd love to have you introduce yourself, Drew, and your pup Ace! We all love to see pictures, too!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and :welcome3: to FBN ...... they are tough little devils, and I agree with Trish's advice -- continue to socialize and correct/redirect as necessary

drew086

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the advice been awhile since ive been on this forum, he has grown out of this aggressive behavior and is much better now.

nikki86

Reaction score
Imperative to socialize frenchies from the day you get them... Pets mart, petco, Home Depot, dog park etc