new frenchie Mom

elena

Reaction score
Hello Everybody! My name is Elena. My husband recently surprised our family with a very cute pied frenchie who we named Charlie. This is my first frenchie and would like to know more about this awesome breed. My hobby is to show dogs, I have 6 great danes, 1 wirehaired dahshund, 1 boxer and 1 fox terrier which are all show dogs. Charlie is a trip and loves everyone in the family specially our great dane Niko who he is buddy with. I would like to ask what food do you feed your frenchies or what food is reccomended for them. I am feeding him Acana Wild Prairie and would like to know if that is a good foood for frenchies. I will try to post a picture of him if I can figure out how to. Thank you for allowing me in this forum, looking forward to meet all the members and learn from your experiences.
Elena

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:FBNwelcome: Welcome Elena and Charlie and all the rest of your crew! You have an interesting assortment of dogs, you must be busy showing them all! I can't wait to see pictures of Charlie, especially with Niko! I am not a food guru but there is a listing of dog food rating on this site. How old is Charlie? A lot of people feed Fromm puppy in the pink bag. I feed Buster Natures Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Lamb. I give him fresh fruit and veggies as treats (no grapes or raisins)!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and I can't wait to see pics of your baby. I would say if he does well on that food then leave him on it, it's a good food. We feed ours FROMM Pork and Peas and they are doing well on it.

Tgirl

Reaction score
Hi and welcome! I don't have a Frenchie. I just hang out here and drool over everyone else's. :eek: I can't wait to see pictures of your crew.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
6 great danes?! We fostered one once and I couldn't believe how tall she was. I couldn't imagine having 6 of them. :) You gotta show us some pics of your group! Charlie is adorable. Welcome to FBN!

elena

Reaction score
Thank you all for the welcome. I been surfing around the forum and will try to
figure out how to post pictures.
I have another question regarding his food. Is it all right that the food I'm feeding isn't puppy stage?
Danes being a giant breed have different requirements when it comes to feeding them as puppies since they cant eat puppy food because of the protein percentage. I just want to make sure frenchies doesn't have any specifies when it comes to feeding. Also should they get any other supplements like VIT C or anything else?
Thank you all in advance for your help.
Elena

elena

Reaction score
Charlie picture

In think I attached some of Charlie's picture.
Hopefully they come out.
Elena

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 162
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 187
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 164

winginit66

Reaction score
What a cutie!!!! I cannot Wait to see pics of this bunch!!! Hi from Anne, Gidget, Olivia & Wilson in VA.

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Acana is supposed to be one of,if not THE healthiest food for dogs. I love Acana. Since its quite hard for us to get though,we feed Go! ,which we are really happy with as well. As long as your puppy doesnt show any allergy symptoms such as itchy paws, runny poo I would stick with the Acana.
I heard that the all stage food is good for puppies and senior dogs,but it sometimes has (I think it was ) too much protein(?) for an average adult dog since the all stage food needs to meet the requirements for puppies and seniors otherwise they wouldnt be able to call it "all stage", and as you can tell puppies and seniors have different "needs" than an average adult doggy. :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:hiya: :welcome3: to FBN!! WOW what a pack you have.... Charlie is one cute little Frenchie!

I have had Cheli since he was 8 months old so he was already on adult food when we got him --- we also feed Fromm Pork and Peas, both (I have a female Bulldog) are doing very well on it

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Charlie is adorable!!! [MENTION=179]Tgirl[/MENTION] I'm drooling with you!! Would love to see some pics of your pack too. :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Re: Charlie picture

In think I attached some of Charlie's picture.
Hopefully they come out.
Elena

Hello, Pied Partial here. OoooOOoOoOoO, Adorabull! He's a nice cobby lil' boy. He looks Monet????? Welcome!:welcome::welcome: