New to site

yoda vedder

Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!!!

So happy that i found this site. I'am a proud first time owner of a almost 2 yr old frenchie named Yoda. He is my everything, and he stole my heart the moment i got him. I did all kind of research on frenchies before i got him. And knowing all the problems they could have i dove right in thinking i could handle anything that comes our way. Well I'm here to say we are struggling. Yoda has had skin problems from the start. We are at the vet every 2-3 months seeking help i think its time for new vet though. Since they really aren't helping much. We have gone through foods, allergy tests and still cant figure him out. Don't get me wrong he seems happy and healthy. But his skin seems to be allergic to everything. We use all natural everything, wipe his paws when coming in, and we give him fish oil in his food. also he takes a benadryl a day. don't get me wrong he has improved, but not cured by any means. Which makes me sad that I'm failing him. When you love something you only want the best for them. So I'am so greatful to find at site to help me out and that makes me feel like im not all alone in this.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
@yoda vedder welcome to the site and sorry you are having problems with your baby. Finding what is causing him the problem is always a challenge. I would take him to a dermatologist to see if they can figure it out. What food are you feeding him? I know you said you changed foods several times, but I was just wondering which food he is on. Most of the time it is food related.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:smileywelcome: Welcome Heather and Yoda! I look forward to seeing pictures of Yoda! I am sorry Yoda has skin problems, hopefully a dermatologist can help you with this.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!!!!!

So happy that i found this site. I'am a proud first time owner of a almost 2 yr old frenchie named Yoda. He is my everything, and he stole my heart the moment i got him. I did all kind of research on frenchies before i got him. And knowing all the problems they could have i dove right in thinking i could handle anything that comes our way. Well I'm here to say we are struggling. Yoda has had skin problems from the start. We are at the vet every 2-3 months seeking help i think its time for new vet though. Since they really aren't helping much. We have gone through foods, allergy tests and still cant figure him out. Don't get me wrong he seems happy and healthy. But his skin seems to be allergic to everything. We use all natural everything, wipe his paws when coming in, and we give him fish oil in his food. also he takes a benadryl a day. don't get me wrong he has improved, but not cured by any means. Which makes me sad that I'm failing him. When you love something you only want the best for them. So I'am so greatful to find at site to help me out and that makes me feel like im not all alone in this.

Welcome! I'm going through something similar with Jax. Last week his itching got so bad that he was scratching so hard he was drawing blood and he would scratch all day. I have switched his food a few times and have recently switched him to a LID venison and lentil which is also grain free but it will take at least 6-8 weeks to tell if it works. Because the itching got so bad, I got some medicine from the vet because the Benadryl wasn't working anymore. If this food doesn't work, my next step is taking him to a dermatologist. It was breaking my heart to see him so uncomfortable and not being able to help but this medicine has taken away his itchiness and all of his wounds have now healed.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:hiya: :welcome3: to FBN!

So sorry your boy is having issues.... a couple questions so we may be able to help

What allergy test did you have done and what type of results did you get?
What food is he eating?

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Welcome to FBN! Hopefully we can help you get some answers to your bully's allergy issues.