My weekend from you know where.. :(

jessicae091

Reaction score
Sunday was just a normal day for us.. Sunday is also family dinner night. As usual, I fed the pups dinner & went to my family dinner. When I came home about 2 hours later, I notice Lucy was very VERY bloated. Her tummy was hanging on the ground. Picture 088.jpg

I picked her up and immediately I could tell she was uncomfortable. So I rushed her to one of the local Pet ER (it was already 10 pm). When I arrived, i got sent to another Pet ER. I waited there for about 6 hours until i found out what was wrong with her. They took X-Rays & this is what we found.
Picture 079.jpg
Picture 080.jpg

I went into a panic. They found 5 staples in her stomach. They were just any staples, but furniture/industrial staples. I got to thinking.. theres no where in my house that has those.. she can get under the couches & the chairs are high top chairs.

I got reffered back to the original Pet ER for her surgery. We were hoping they could do it endoscoplically, but they couldnt.

This Dr also noticed something else in her stomach, kinda of a cloudy thing.

So about 6AM they did her surgery, so i went home to map. About 2 hours later they called and said she did fine & was recovering.. The Dr found 5 Staples, a piece of fabric (about 3" x 4"), a rock and 2 peices of plastic. I was absolutely shocked.

I went and picked her up and brought her home..
Picture 082.jpgPicture 081.jpg

Shes officially on bed rest. Although today she isnt resting very much & poor baby is so hungry..
she can only eat a teaspoon of chicken and rice every 2 hours..
We are both exhausted

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor baby and you! I'm glad the surgery went well and she is home now. I always freak out and panic whenever I see Jax chewing on something that I know isn't food. Unfortunately, he thinks it is a game and wants to play chase instead of just giving me whatever it is he has.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Oh gosh! Poor baby! Glad she is doing better now! So scary!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MaplesMommy

Reaction score
Oh no :( ! Poor baby & poor you. Maple always puts everything that she finds on the floor in her mouth. But so far we were lucky and it always came back out.(one way or the other)
I am glad that the surgery went well & I wish you both good luck for the recovery! Poor little one...

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
Oh no poor baby, I'm glad you had her seen to straight away (no pet ER in UK). Speedy recovery wishes and hope you both get some rest x

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Poor Lucy and poor you! What a horrible thing to go through. I totally missed your post. Heal fast, Lucy, and you get some sleep. You must be exhausted!

jessicae091

Reaction score
Thank u everyone.. She's doing good tonight.. I took her cone off so she can relax on me..
tuqaty3a.jpg

petitsfilous

Reaction score
Oh my goodness! Poor Lucy and poor you! Glad to see she is on the mend and recovering well. You'd hope she'd learn a lesson from this but you know what Frenchies are like so probably not. Sending hugs x

jessicae091

Reaction score
Thanks you [MENTION=155]petitsfilous[/MENTION]
Yeah she hasn't learned she still tried to eat everything, but then again she's probably really hungry lol

kim

Reaction score
Poor baby :( I hope she has a quick recovery.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow what an ordeal :(. I bet you were so very worried. Hope she's feeling better soon so she can eat more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OMG.... :faint: Thank goodness you notice something wrong and got her in the hospital. Hoep all is well with her and she is recovering quickly.

They are really fast ate eating everything and anything... Cheli has gotten things in his montha dn before I could move it was swallowed. he got one of my hair ties not too long ago, but lucky that passed on its own.

hugs to you and Lucy

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
WOW so happy you took her in when you did and they found that stuff. So happy she is better now. So scary the things they will swallow.

Fred

Reaction score
I always have to watch fred. He eats everything. He always tries to eat dryer sheets from my laundry and I have to chase him around. One time I had to open his mouth and pull it from his throat. It was super scary. I couldn't imagine what would happen if he would have got it into his stomach.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Amanda28

Reaction score
That's awful. Glad to hear she (and you) are doing better and recovering. Did you locate where she had gotten ahold of the staples/fabric from? I would've torn my house apart (I am sure you did also) best wishes for quick recovery

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hope she is doing better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jessicae091

Reaction score
I always have to watch fred. He eats everything. He always tries to eat dryer sheets from my laundry and I have to chase him around. One time I had to open his mouth and pull it from his throat. It was super scary. I couldn't imagine what would happen if he would have got it into his stomach.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
They live dryer sheets too.. They go out of there way to find them when I'm doing laundry! Thankfully they haven't swallowed them yet.. They like to play with them lol

jessicae091

Reaction score
That's awful. Glad to hear she (and you) are doing better and recovering. Did you locate where she had gotten ahold of the staples/fabric from? I would've torn my house apart (I am sure you did also) best wishes for quick recovery

We sure didn't :( we have torn out house apart and upside down like 3 times.. And still haven't found where it came from :( we don't allow them in the bedrooms unless we are right with them.. They are sneaky, especially Lucy, if I am coming out of my room she will wait until I'm about I close the door and run full speed under my bed lol