Throwing up question

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
So last night about 5 hours after Jax ate his dinner, he threw up. I was sleeping and he was at the foot of the bed staring down whining so I finally got up to see what he was staring at and my first thought was "why are there pennies all over the floor?" Then I realized it was whole pieces of kibble that he had thrown up. Since they were whole pieces, does this mean he did not chew his food and just swallowed it whole? If so, maybe I need to get one of those bowls that is supposed to help them eat slower.

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
Yes sounds like he's inhaled it like Hugo does then pukes it back up. Hugo has a slow feeder bowl and it's great :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes sounds like he's inhaled it like Hugo does then pukes it back up. Hugo has a slow feeder bowl and it's great :)

This is the first time where he has just thrown up whole kibble pieces (at least it was an easy clean up). I am definitely going to look into the slow feeder bowl. He acts like he is starving when he eats and inhales his food in seconds.

KimB3384

Reaction score
What kind of bowl are you using? I can't find one that I'm sure a Frenchie can use, so now I sit beside Bisou and force her to raise her head and chew every few bites. A bowl would be so much easier!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Fortunately Buster chews his food, but I've heard good things about the slow feeder bowls!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Fortunately Buster chews his food, but I've heard good things about the slow feeder bowls!

You're so lucky. This is the first time Jax has thrown up like this and he definitely needs to slow down with his eating!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
You're so lucky. This is the first time Jax has thrown up like this and he definitely needs to slow down with his eating!

My EB Ruggles inhales his food and nothing except giving him a little at a time slows him down!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
All of mine inhale their food and don't really chew it. He may have just had a little stomach bug that caused him to throw up. The slow feed bowl surely won't hurt anything if you want to get him one.

jessicae091

Reaction score
Chewy throws up whole pieces of food when he eats too fast.. He's at the state were he hardly has any teeth, all his baby teeth have fallen out and his adult teeth aren't quiet in.. I've been spraying it with a spray bottle to make it al little softer & I haven't had and problems with him throwing up anymore

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Same here... Cheli barely chews anything when he is eating.... all just swallowed whole

coolcat46

Reaction score
I have had my frenchy eating from a slow feeder bowl since she was very young....you can look online and get one.....

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have had my frenchy eating from a slow feeder bowl since she was very young....you can look online and get one.....

I did end up getting a slow feed bowl. It really slowed him down the first couple of days but he has gone back to eating quickly again. The good news is that he hasn't thrown up since.

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
My Jake used to "gack" all the time. He would inhale his food so we started feeding him in a shallow baking pan and it worked. Made him slow way down.