Ohio's in the house!

KimB3384

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time owner in central-ish Ohio. Bisou has been part of our family for about 2.5 months now, and boy howdy has she shaken things up! I foolishly thought that by reading a few books and online forums, owning a puppy was going to be a piece of cake. I guess if that cake was made of poop I'd have been spot on. But I'm ever so grateful to this site for helping me through my rough times. I remember being exactly one week into ownership and wondering if I could return her, but now I'd tear anyone's head off if they came near her. I kind of have an unhealthy obsession with her :)

I hope to be a regular contributor here. If anyone's from Ohio, let me know. Maybe we can do a meet and greet!

Cheers,
Kim

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! And don't worry about your "unhealthy obsession" cause I would have to say I have one too!

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Welcome to FBN! Bisou is adorable. Having a puppy is like having a toddler and I think most people hit a phase wondering what they got themselves into lol. I'm glad you survived it together and made your way here.

KimB3384

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I still can't believe I get to be a part of this club. I've dreamed of having a Frenchie since I was little and saw a picture of one in Dog World magazine. I guess dreams really do come true :) Thanks so much for approving my membership, and thanks for welcoming me. So happy to have this support group.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Hi Kim and welcome to the forum. So happy you joined us and have your baby. Bisou is a cutie and I am looking forward in seeing pics as he grows. Frenchies steal your heart quickly, and they are just the best little buggers.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!!! Can't wait to see more pictures of your little girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:hiya: :welcome3: to FBN Bisou is a cutie.... glad you found us and look forward to seeing more pictures of your baby.

winginit66

Reaction score
Hi from Anne, Gidget, Olivia & Wilson in VA. You sure do have a cutie and we can't wait to see more pics. Love the name as well!!!

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time owner in central-ish Ohio. Bisou has been part of our family for about 2.5 months now, and boy howdy has she shaken things up! I foolishly thought that by reading a few books and online forums, owning a puppy was going to be a piece of cake. I guess if that cake was made of poop I'd have been spot on. But I'm ever so grateful to this site for helping me through my rough times. I remember being exactly one week into ownership and wondering if I could return her, but now I'd tear anyone's head off if they came near her. I kind of have an unhealthy obsession with her :)

I hope to be a regular contributor here. If anyone's from Ohio, let me know. Maybe we can do a meet and greet!

Cheers,
Kim
Hahahah Kim, I remember having buyers remorse too :w00t: These Frenchies definitely have a mind of their own. I was 60 years old and not sure about training one last puppy but now that it's over I am so glad I did. Enjoy your little Bisou which is a GREAT name for a French Bulldog. For those that don't speak French it means "French kiss". Clever! WELCOME! :welcome:

KimB3384

Reaction score
Hahahah Kim, I remember having buyers remorse too :w00t:

I'm sooooooooo glad to know it's not just me. It didn't help that the breeder had her on a raw diet and I was switching to kibble (chicken, which I've since discovered does NOT agree with her guts or skin) so there were lots and lots of growing pains. It wasn't helped by the fact that the boyfriend didn't really want a dog in the first place, and certainly wasn't a fan of small dogs. But guess who fights me for her every night? He's also started dropping hints that maybe a second Frenchie wouldn't be the worst thing in the world ;) If that happens I totally want to clone that little peach in your avatar, Kris! OMG! Talk about cute!!!

Enjoy your little Bisou which is a GREAT name for a French Bulldog. For those that don't speak French it means "French kiss". Clever! WELCOME! :welcome:

Facebook crowdsourcing. Who knew anything good could come of that, right? As soon as I saw the suggestion I knew it was her name. And that's all she does - kiss us.

Reaction score
I'm sooooooooo glad to know it's not just me. It didn't help that the breeder had her on a raw diet and I was switching to kibble (chicken, which I've since discovered does NOT agree with her guts or skin) so there were lots and lots of growing pains. It wasn't helped by the fact that the boyfriend didn't really want a dog in the first place, and certainly wasn't a fan of small dogs. But guess who fights me for her every night? He's also started dropping hints that maybe a second Frenchie wouldn't be the worst thing in the world ;) If that happens I totally want to clone that little peach in your avatar, Kris! OMG! Talk about cute!!!

Facebook crowdsourcing. Who knew anything good could come of that, right? As soon as I saw the suggestion I knew it was her name. And that's all she does - kiss us.
Yeah, my husband fought me for 2 years about getting a dog. Now he holds that fat little pudge on his lap every night to watch TV. I just love the breed, even with all their skin and heath issues. Enjoy your girl, she's ADORABULL!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hi Kim and welcome to you and Bisou to the forum! Your post made me giggle (cake, poop, LOL). Look forward to hearing more from you and seeing some pictures of the little devil! :)

KimB3384

Reaction score
Thanks, Michelle! Glad I entertained you. I laugh about those early antics now but, man, I can remember breaking down on two separate occasions - one of which was while I was getting my hair cut (yeesh!). Probably should have hopped on this board back then and gotten some support. But, hey, the nice people at Mogan David made a killing off of me, so at least I helped their economy ;) Looking forward to many more years of making you giggle. Cheers!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Thanks, Michelle! Glad I entertained you. I laugh about those early antics now but, man, I can remember breaking down on two separate occasions - one of which was while I was getting my hair cut (yeesh!). Probably should have hopped on this board back then and gotten some support. But, hey, the nice people at Mogan David made a killing off of me, so at least I helped their economy ;) Looking forward to many more years of making you giggle. Cheers!

LOL!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk