First Day at Day Care!

KimB3384

Reaction score
photo.jpg

Is it just me, or does she look really intense? Like, she's totally going to own the joint. I think I have a diva on my hands!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
I agree, your little diva is going to own the place! She is adorable!

KimB3384

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the nice words :)

I feel kind of bad because everyone made such a fuss over her and fought over who got to hold her, while the poor little golden retriever puppy sat by himself. Don't get me wrong - I certainly don't want them to stop fawning over my dog. I just feel bad that all dogs aren't as cool as Frenchies ;)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Very cute! How did she do? We usually send Jax to daycare at least 3 - 4 times a month and he loves it and they all love him. Sometimes when he gets picked up the girls have him in the office with them cause they love him so much.

KimB3384

Reaction score
I'm not sure. She wouldn't give me any kisses or make eye contact with me after I picked her up, but she seemed a little friendlier after she got home and ate. I think she was just exhausted - she literally fell over into her bed when I put her in her pen at bedtime. I had to lift her butt to get her all in there! She seems fine today, so that's good. We're going back on Friday and can reassess then. She really needs this socialization so I'm hoping it's something she'll be excited about. I laughed when they told me they were putting her in the 'quiet' group because she's anything but quiet, but it seems like they know what they're talking about. LOL.

Did Jax do well right off the bat, or did he have to get used to being around other dogs?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. She wouldn't give me any kisses or make eye contact with me after I picked her up, but she seemed a little friendlier after she got home and ate. I think she was just exhausted - she literally fell over into her bed when I put her in her pen at bedtime. I had to lift her butt to get her all in there! She seems fine today, so that's good. We're going back on Friday and can reassess then. She really needs this socialization so I'm hoping it's something she'll be excited about. I laughed when they told me they were putting her in the 'quiet' group because she's anything but quiet, but it seems like they know what they're talking about. LOL.

Did Jax do well right off the bat, or did he have to get used to being around other dogs?

Jax has been a social butterfly since the day we got him! He loves going to daycare and anywhere else where there are people and dogs for him to get attention from. The only issue we had with Jax and daycare is that he would be over-stimulated and then have diarrhea for a few days but after a few times of going that subsided. And a day at daycare usually means a tired Jax for like 2 days! He will usually pass out in the car on the way home and go straight to sleep once we get home. The first time we picked him up, we got home and put him in the grass to see if he had to go to the bathroom and he couldn't even walk, he just laid on the ground. I think after a couple times of going, Bisou will start coming out of her shell and be comfortable.

KimB3384

Reaction score
Oh, that's so good to know. Thank you soooo much. It's just the two of us at home, along with a really antisocial cat, so yesterday was probably a LOT for her to take in. I'm glad to know it's typical. You made my day :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:rofl: Before I read you words, I looked at her picture and thought .... DIVA!! :rofl:

mhuinker

Reaction score

LOL! Leo did that once when we first got him, he was literally so tired, he fell over in his crate from a sitting position! I've never seen a dog do that before and I couldn't stop laughing, which didn't even phase him or wake him up!

KimB3384

Reaction score
:rofl: Before I read you words, I looked at her picture and thought .... DIVA!! :rofl:

I know, right? She was so sweet and innocent looking when we brought her home. In just a short amount of time I've managed to turn her into the canine version of Kim Kardashian! Whenever I'm telling her she can't do something she turns her head away from me and refuses to make eye contact. If she wasn't so cute I'd be furious. BTW, I love, love, love Cheli's markings. Gorgeous!!!

KimB3384

Reaction score
LOL! Leo did that once when we first got him, he was literally so tired, he fell over in his crate from a sitting position! I've never seen a dog do that before and I couldn't stop laughing, which didn't even phase him or wake him up!

^^LOL. I've never seen her so pooped out before. I'll admit - I kind of thought it would last longer. She apparently did some power sleeping or something because she was back to normal by the time I got home last night. Not complaining, just thinking I might need to stash some Red Bull in the fridge so I can keep up with her.

KimB3384

Reaction score
She is a cutie for sure.

Thanks, David. But, really, have you ever seen a Frenchie that wasn't adorable? I mean, scroll down this page and look at those avatars. I just want to smooch all of those sweet faces!!! We're all so lucky.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=380]KimB3384[/MENTION] you are so right, Frenchies are the best.

Fred

Reaction score
Fred goes to day care as well. I work long hours so I feel better when he can go play. He absolutely loves it when he gets to go. I don't have any pictures of him at day care but its really nice because the facility has live video feed and I can watch him on my cell phone while im at work. ;0

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk