Hi! Crazy pug lady here! :)

AprilRain

Reaction score
Hi Frenchie folks! :) My name is April and I live in Oklahoma City. I've got a grumble of pugs, a chihuahua and I just took on a Frenchie foster that came in to our local pug rescue (I foster and volunteer with them). I'm not at all familiar with the breed and I'm here to learn and get advise on how to help her as I get her healthy and ready for adoption. The vet guesses she's about 6. She's super skinny and is in heat, so she'll be with me a while before she can be spayed and ready for her new forever home. The only real problem that I'm having with her is that she HATES the boy pugs. Everyone in the house except for her is spayed/neutered. She tolerates my male chihuahua and my senior pug girl. The boys she will just fixate on an attack if given the chance. She really seems like she's scared of them and at the same time wants to kill them. I'm having to keep her separate for everyone's safety. I have a big laundry room right off the living room and have put up a baby gate so she can see what everyone is doing and get a bit of attention. During the day I take her to work with me so she can get a lot of one-on-one attention. I'm hoping that with time and after she's spayed, she might settle down. It would be much easier to find her a home if she doesn't have dog aggression issues. She is just super sweet with people, I've never seen a sweeter little dog. I'd really appreciate any advise you all might have. Thanks!

Here's Sadie!
sadie.jpg

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:smileywelcome: Welcome, April! Sadie is a cutie. Sadie's aggression could well be out of fear and should improve as she gets more comfortable with her surroundings and the male pugs. Thank you for fostering!

MamaAndi

Reaction score
She looks like a doll and thumbs up to you for fostering. It takes a lot of love! I hope we can help you with any questions you may have.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:hiya: :welcome3: to FBN..... thank you so much for forstering, such a wonderful thing to do!

I agree with alice, she needs time to settle in, continue to keep them separate and slowly introduce them after she is out of heat.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Welcome April. Sadie is a cutie!! Thank you so much for fostering this little girl! Hopefully things will calm down over time with her and the boys! :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and Sadie is a cutie. I would just give her some time to adjust and she should settle down some. Plus she is in heat so her hormones are going crazy right now too.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
She's so precious! Thank you for fostering her. She's beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AprilRain

Reaction score
Thanks! :) I LOVE fostering. I just wish I had the time & resources to take more in. I do what I can. I don't have any grandchildren, so dogs are my substitute. LOL

Well, after a few more days, I've come to the conclusion that it's just one pug that's the real problem. She'll tolerate everyone except George. She seems to have some kind of crazed hatred for him. He's terrified of her, but when she sees him it's like she goes into a trance or something. He does have a crazy amount of energy and is the "top dog" in my pack. I'm just keeping them apart, maybe forever. I'm trying to have her spend a little more time with the ones she's the most relaxed with. I've been feeding Shea and her together and no problems at all.

I'm sure most people don't even look in this section. I guess I should wander out. :D

Reaction score
Hi Frenchie folks! :) My name is April and I live in Oklahoma City. I've got a grumble of pugs, a chihuahua and I just took on a Frenchie foster that came in to our local pug rescue (I foster and volunteer with them). I'm not at all familiar with the breed and I'm here to learn and get advise on how to help her as I get her healthy and ready for adoption. The vet guesses she's about 6. She's super skinny and is in heat, so she'll be with me a while before she can be spayed and ready for her new forever home. The only real problem that I'm having with her is that she HATES the boy pugs. Everyone in the house except for her is spayed/neutered. She tolerates my male chihuahua and my senior pug girl. The boys she will just fixate on an attack if given the chance. She really seems like she's scared of them and at the same time wants to kill them. I'm having to keep her separate for everyone's safety. I have a big laundry room right off the living room and have put up a baby gate so she can see what everyone is doing and get a bit of attention. During the day I take her to work with me so she can get a lot of one-on-one attention. I'm hoping that with time and after she's spayed, she might settle down. It would be much easier to find her a home if she doesn't have dog aggression issues. She is just super sweet with people, I've never seen a sweeter little dog. I'd really appreciate any advise you all might have. Thanks!

Here's Sadie!
View attachment 2379
HAHA, she's adorabull. She may be snappy cuz she's 'in heat". I think that's very possible and if that is it then she will be less likely to be snappy after. :welcome:

πŸ†• Latest posts