New Frebchie Owner

Bach1974

Reaction score
Good morning,

I brought home my first Frenchie 2 days ago. His name is Ryce and he is 6 weeks young. He is barely eating or drinking. Is that something I need to be concerned about. Please help!!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
:smileywelcome: Welcome Tyffeni and Ryce! Six weeks is young for Ryce to be separated from his litter and his mom. I think that is usually when the weening process starts. He will need some time to adjust to his new home and his new people. Is he eating kibble? I'd take him in for his customary well baby vet check right away. I can't wait to see pictures of your precious Ryce!

winginit66

Reaction score
Hi Tyffeni, Having just brought home 2 puppies at the beginning of Jan who were 7 weeks, one of which had some pretty serious health issues right off the bat, you have a good reason to be concerned. I would definitely get him to your vet ASAP. They can recommend foods and supplements if needed. I don't want to alarm you, but remember with very young animals (as with very old) things can go downhill very fast.

Good luck and please keep us posted.
Anne, Gidget, Olivia & Wilson

Reaction score
Good morning,

I brought home my first Frenchie 2 days ago. His name is Ryce and he is 6 weeks young. He is barely eating or drinking. Is that something I need to be concerned about. Please help!!
Good advice Alice. He is too young to be taken from his mother and litter mates. You might try soaking his kibble in warm water to make mush out of it. My Boy pretty much tosses and swallows because of how their jaw is shaped it makes actually chewing food well more difficult. I know my breeder soaked kibble for a long time and he didn't come to me til he was 9 1/2 weeks old and able to eat (or toss and swallow) the hard stuff. Yup, looking for ward to PICs. Best wishes! :welcome::welcome:

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I tagged two members that can help you..... 6 weeks is so young to be away from Momma

:welcome3: to FBN.... best of luck with your baby!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I agree 6 weeks is way too young to be away from mama and their siblings. The breeder should not be breeding as they are breeding only for money and should know better. Try soaking the kibble in warm water to soften it up and maybe he will eat. He is probable nervous too and that doesn't help matters any. I would also get him to a vet to get checked out as well. Hopefully once he settles in he will start eating and drinking, but he needs to at least drink water soon.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed, certainly take him in right away, not eating or drinking is a sure sign of possible sickness. Please keep us posted.

Fred

Reaction score
Agreed to everyone's comments.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk