New from Delaware !

Thadley888

Reaction score
Hi everyone !
Brody and I are new here and I'm super excited to be apart of the community! I am having so much trouble finding a food for my frenchie and/or the root of is itching problems which seem to keep getting worse and worse. I've had endless visits to the vet, have changed his food
multiple times, put salmon oil on his food, just started using a new shampoo and am waiting for coconut oil in the mail. I could use all the help/advice I can get !
Thanks guys ! Look forward to meeting everyone !
-Taylor

winginit66

Reaction score
Hi Taylor and Brody - There are plenty of people here who can offer advice for you. Have you had any allergy testing done to see if it is all related to food, or if there are some environmental factors affecting him too?

Anne, Gidget, Olivia & Wilson in VA.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site, so happy you found us. Finding the right food is always a challenge. You may have done this already, but get a food with a different protein source. If it has chicken in it find one without chicken and so on. Plus a high quality and grain free food is best. If it has "corn" in the ingredients, put it back on the shelf. I hope this helps. Plus when you get a chance we would love to see pics of your baby.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Hi Taylor and Brody! Welcome to the forum! :smileywelcome: We hope you stick around for a while and are looking forward to seeing more photos of your cutie, Brody! Both Anne and David have very helpful suggestions. Definitely, a grain free diet is the first place to start, as these babies have sensitive tummies and suffer endlessly with allergies! Hopefully you can get to the root of Brody's issues and help him get comfortable soon! We wish you luck with that and look forward to your joining into the conversations! :)

Thadley888

Reaction score
Hi guys ! I just purchased this food to try. New protein. Praying it helps. I have not done allergy testing yet because I've been hearing so many conflicting opinions about it but I will be doing it if this food doesn't show any good results in the next few months.
adanumed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thadley888

Reaction score
gymasyda.jpg
here is the food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone !
Brody and I are new here and I'm super excited to be apart of the community! I am having so much trouble finding a food for my frenchie and/or the root of is itching problems which seem to keep getting worse and worse. I've had endless visits to the vet, have changed his food
multiple times, put salmon oil on his food, just started using a new shampoo and am waiting for coconut oil in the mail. I could use all the help/advice I can get !
Thanks guys ! Look forward to meeting everyone !
-Taylor

I'm going through the same thing with Jax who is almost 11 months old. I have tried A LOT of different foods, proteins, etc. and he is still itchy. At one point it got so bad he was scratching so much and so hard he was giving himself cuts so I finally got a medicine from the vet to stop the itching which he is still on. It is going on 4 weeks since he has been on his current food and I will wait a few more weeks and if he is still itching, I am going to have to take him to the dermatologist to see if it is environmental allergies. I was giving Jax coconut oil with his food but the vet told me to switch to salmon oil because of the calorie content in the coconut oil (Jax is a little chunky).

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:hiya:

:welcome3: to FBN

Food is a tough one... NVI is a good food as some one else stated try to avoid chicken and lots of bullies have issue with it. Good luck and keep us posted

MamaAndi

Reaction score
You could always consider a raw diet too. I think most people who try their pups on it have allergy issues with grains in kibble.
Welcome to FBN and I hope we can help you out!