Raw food diet

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone use Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Frozen Diets (Raw Frozen)? I was thinking about trying it out.

ParisRoger

Reaction score
Sorry cany help here. I feed Roger Fresh raw diet. I freeze his hearts and livers etc when i buy in bulk buy i do defrost the night before x

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry cany help here. I feed Roger Fresh raw diet. I freeze his hearts and livers etc when i buy in bulk buy i do defrost the night before x

I don't have it in me to do a fresh raw diet but I think I would be able to handle a frozen raw food. It got really good reviews on dogfoodadvisor.com.

ParisRoger

Reaction score
I think either way feed The Raw Diet fresh or Frozen you cant go wrong. My Roger as come aling way since he as been eating Raw. When he bought him he was on Science Plan but he kept always throwing up. Good luck x

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I've fed it as treats, it's great and one of the best diets you can get. I would feed it as a staple diet if I could!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhuinker

Reaction score
We feed raw, but I feed Blue Ridge Beef brand raw (usually the venison or the natural mix).

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
We feed raw, but I feed Blue Ridge Beef brand raw (usually the venison or the natural mix).

Do you just feed the raw or do you also give kibble?

mhuinker

Reaction score
Do you just feed the raw or do you also give kibble?

We feed kibble, raw and a cooked/mashed veggie (like peas, carrots or green beans)..... the majority of their meal is the kibble, with a dab of water on it to make it go down easier, but not soften it, the they get about 2 tablespoons of the raw (right now I'm mixing a little of the natural with the venison, the venison is leaner) and about a tablespoon of whatever veggie I'm feeding). I think the kibble I feed consists of about 3/4 cup - 1 cup.... :)

KimB3384

Reaction score
Does anyone use Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw Frozen Diets (Raw Frozen)? I was thinking about trying it out.

If you do try it, can you let us know what you think? I just switched Bisou to raw (Primal). Her breeder raised her on a raw diet and recommended I keep her on it but I didn't want the hassle so I switched to kibble, and that was a big mistake. We had her on Nature's Variety Instinct Raw Boost during the first month and she did well, but it gave her TERRIBLE gas. I've since decided she has an intolerance to chicken, so that was probably the issue there. Anyway, I'll be curious to know how you like it. We're really digging the Primal right now. Rotating between duck and venison. Looking to add lamb and rabbit in the future. I don't even know who I am now. Duck? Rabbit? Sometimes I just shake my head.

Reaction score
Nope, no raw here. I'm leery of raw for the humans in the house. Small kids and my husband who has stage 4 cancer. My dogs face is a mess after he eats dry food and it needs to be washed I worry about the raw germs.