Puppy weight

Brittany Ernst

Reaction score
I was curious as to what other puppies have weighed at 4 months. We are new French Bulldog owners and haven't had the chance to meet or talk to very many other owners since French Bulldogs aren't common where we currently live. Rootbeer is 4 months old and weighs about 16/17lbs. To me he doesn't look like he actually weighs that much so maybe he is just a dense little guy. I guess I'm paranoid and just wanting to be reassured that his weight is okay because it just seems so heavy to me!

Brittany

ParisRoger

Reaction score
I was curious as to what other puppies have weighed at 4 months. We are new French Bulldog owners and haven't had the chance to meet or talk to very many other owners since French Bulldogs aren't common where we currently live. Rootbeer is 4 months old and weighs about 16/17lbs. To me he doesn't look like he actually weighs that much so maybe he is just a dense little guy. I guess I'm paranoid and just wanting to be reassured that his weight is okay because it just seems so heavy to me!

Brittany

Hi Brittany. That weight is ok Roger weighed about the same at 4months and just like you i thought he was slim. Some days he would look chunky then other days slim... I dont think you have any think to worry about. What does he eat x

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

Brittany Ernst

Reaction score
He eats Taste of the wild puppy food and has done really well on it. There were a few others foods I wanted to use but they aren't readily available in our area. He definitely doesn't appear to be over or under weight I just wasn't sure what an average Frenchie weighs at 4 months and 16/17lbs seemed a bit heavy to me.

ParisRoger

Reaction score
He eats Taste of the wild puppy food and has done really well on it. There were a few others foods I wanted to use but they aren't readily available in our area. He definitely doesn't appear to be over or under weight I just wasn't sure what an average Frenchie weighs at 4 months and 16/17lbs seemed a bit heavy to me.

. That is a ok weight i would say. I perfare them to little heavy then light.... If your frenchie is doing well on the food he is on i would leave him on it. Roger is on the Raw Diet because he doesnt do so well with Kibbles or wet foodx

Sent from my GT-S6500 using Tapatalk 2

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
For a Frenchie it seems a little heave, but if he looks good and still has a little waist the I would say he is good. Plus as long as he is doing well on that food, I would leave him on it.

winginit66

Reaction score
We had weigh in tonight and at 15 weeks (this coming Sunday) Olivia is 9.5 and Wilson is 7. Wilson was the runt and had issues with passive regurgitation immediately after we brought him home. I think he got into the Christmas tree and it irritated his esophagus. I don't think our breeder knowingly sent us home with a sick puppy... At any rate, that is what these guys weigh now and I would say that Gidget was comparable with Olivia. She is 23 lbs now.