FAQ: Has your Frenchie ever had an obstruction?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Has your Frenchie ever had an obstruction?

Please tell us your story. Include as many details as possible, including symptoms, tests or vet visits, photos, X-rays and recovery.

#FAQ

Jakeyjake

Reaction score
Never really had an obstruction, but Jake did manage to get to the candy dish which had about 5 - 7 Jolly Ranchers in it and devoured them all! The vet used an eye drop that iduces vomiting and a few hours later he was as good as new.

Tgirl

Reaction score
I don't have a Frenchie, but my little terrier had an obstruction once. It was when my oldest daughter was about 4 years old and had some little soldier plastic toys. He apparently ate some. He became very lethargic, and didn't want to eat or drink. Xrays didn't really show anything. After another day of not getting better on some meds the Vet prescribed, he had exploratory surgery and sure enough there were the soldiers. He had to only have water that day, then for a couple of days he got a very soft bland canned dog food (science diet ID) mixed with water into a soup. It was very small amounts at a time. Then just the ID for a few days, then after about a week we started adding his dry food slowly back into his diet. He was sore for a while, especially the first few days, then slowly got better. Within a couple of weeks he acted like nothing had ever happened. I sure did learn a lesson about keeping everything out of his reach. He wasn't really one to chew things, so it was kind of a surprise. I guess there was just something about the plastic that he liked.