Ulcer On Eye?

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with an ulcer on a frenchies eye?

It's hard to get Stella to hold still to look but it almost seems like she has a small ulcer or rough spot on her upper eyeball. She does have very bugged eyes but they don't ever seem overly dry. Sometimes they have a little discharge but I've always chalked it up to typical frenchie eye and facial fold gunk.

I have a feeling we will end up having the vet check it out this week but I was just trying to gather info.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
I have no experience with eye ulcers at all.... hope all turns out to be OK

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have any suspicion it's best to check it out. Squinting is usually the sign there is one there but that's not always the case.

Long story short, one days Molly's eye looked a bit hazy. I took her to the vet and not only did she have one ulcer, but she had two!!! One was partially healed. The other was really bad. I honestly had no clue!!! She showed no signs of discomfort.

Because they were left untreated so long she did lose part of her vision in that eye. I felt terrible about it but there was no way I could've known by looking at her.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
No Frenchie with an ulser, but Jewel has one in her eye. Her's is very painful. So if you think she has one, I'd get her to a vet asap.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Not so far with Buster, but I have noticed him blinking a lot sometimes. I think it is behavioral because he does it when he wants something!

MamaAndi

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to bother her but I will probably go ahead and make a vet visit just to be sure. [MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1]bullmama[/MENTION] Can I ask what they did for the EB's with ulcers? Do they remove them or do a lubricating drop?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
With Jewel they gave her some eye drops. I think with Angie's bully Billy they tried the drops first, and that didn't work, so he had surgery on it. He is all better know. Jewel had a cyst on the inside of her eye lid we found out a few weeks after, and we think that's what caused the ulcer. She had surgery to remove the cyst.