Izzo is getting big!

Dusteeh

Reaction score
He just turned 10 weeks yesterday and he has grown so much. I am now realizing just how stubborn frenchies can be. He is so smart but good gosh he refuses to listen. I have experience training many breeds of dogs but this boy is definitely the hardest to train. He has learned how to speak and is amazing at walking on a leash, but that is pretty much it -.- Anyways here are a few pictures I snapped the other day

He may be a little butt face sometimes but who doesn't love a puppy that takes selfies with them?

I'll try to update you guys with pictures every now and then. I think he is going to grow up to be a beautiful dog. Also if anyone has any potty training tips that would be amazing! I'm not used to dogs that are hard to potty train .-.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Izzo is such a little stud muffin, handsome boy! My Buster is half French (dad) and half Olde English Bulldogge (mom) and has been difficult to potty train. We got him in Feb. when it was cold outside so we used potty pads inside--that was easy, but then the potty pads became chew toys and tug toys with our Bulldog, Ruggles. So the potty pads disappeared. He can hold it all night, so I get up about 5 am and take him out. He usually goes again after breakfast, after naps. We have a pet door so he can and does take himself out to potty. I'm sure he would be completely trained by now (almost 6 mos. old) but his Bulldog brother eats Buster's poop. GROSS!!! So I have to split them up or beat Ruggles to the poop.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
He is stunning!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello and :welcome: to FBN

yes, they are little stinker... my boy is 2 and still have to keep him on schedule otherwise, he just stops and goes where ever he is standing. And, it is not that they are stubborn.... they are deciding it they want to do what you are asking/commanding -- Bullies are not about pleasing, it is about what they WANT to do. :wink:

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
He is a handsome little devil, as far as potty training goes, it just takes time and patience. Right now he can only hold it for about 2 to 3 hours. Just remember, take him out every few hours, after he has played, when he wakes up from a nap, and before and after eating. Lots of praise when he goes outside and ignore him when he goes in the house, you can show discuse, but it's better not to say anything. If you catch him in the act inside, just say NO and take him outside. Have fun and be patient.

Dusteeh

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips and compliments everybody! He at least tries to make the effort to make it outside now which is a great start. I've been taking him on two short walks each day, one in the morning when we first wake up and one before bed, and that seems to keep him tired and content so there are definitely less accidents now.