Tiny Bumps on Skin

gianolrac

Reaction score
Hi everyone! just wanted to ask what is the cure or treatment for this.. my frenchie has tiny bumps on the skin.. it is very dry and light brown in color like a dandruff. But I can't say it's a dandruff coz you can count by fingers those bumps on the skin.. There's many in his shoulders but there is hair still.. anyone experiencing this or is it normal? he is 6 months old.. here's a pic of him.. His name is LOKI..

ydubamyd.jpg

rysatedu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OH MY CUTNESS... he is precious!

I can't really see the the bumps very well... can you get a closer picture of one? The picture of his back looks like there are bald spots... are they?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome! I am wondering what kind of food you are feeding him. Bumps could be so many different things, staph, hives, rash, mange. If its possible to get a photo?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the pics, can you get a better pic?

gianolrac

Reaction score
OH MY CUTNESS... he is precious!

I can't really see the the bumps very well... can you get a closer picture of one? The picture of his back looks like there are bald spots... are they?

Hi there! there are no bald spots.. it's just the color if the hair..

gianolrac

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome! I am wondering what kind of food you are feeding him. Bumps could be so many different things, staph, hives, rash, mange. If its possible to get a photo?

It's just a pure dog food diet, beef flavored..

gianolrac

Reaction score
I will post a photo tomorrow so you can identify it.. thanks guys for the help! 😀

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
It's just a pure dog food diet, beef flavored..

If you could find out the name I will look it up and see what the ingredients are. Many times dog food can be the root of skin issues.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I will post a photo tomorrow so you can identify it.. thanks guys for the help! 😀

Awesome, we will check it out

Chester

Reaction score
Hi, you guys are right, FOOD is the key, my Chester has those tiny little bumps, it is like an allergy type on frenchies.
We change the diet, from dry food (beef) to can food (chicken) and it works, no more bumps. We live in the tropics
and it is hot............sometimes when he played too much in the park and gets hot they show up, so...I turned the A/C
and the little bumps are gone.

Debra

Reaction score
He is adorable!!! I hope you can find out what is causing them. I agree, food plays a big part in allergies.

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372266842.478679.jpg Hi, my dog is having this problem too. First are red bumps then some of them has boils and it will dry up to form a crust. The vets in my part of Indonesia has limited knowledge on this issue. They just tried on some anti inflammatory medicine. It works the first time but subsequently the medicine doesn't take effect.

The vets has done a microscope examination. No mites or any parasites.

I have also tried changing his food, from Eukanuba to Eagle Pro. The condition doesn't seems to get better. I would really appreciate if anyone could help with this.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372267136.801015.jpg

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Oh, just to add on to my previous post. I have tried him in an AC room 24 hours for almost 2 weeks. The condition didn't improve.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 319 Hi, my dog is having this problem too. First are red bumps then some of them has boils and it will dry up to form a crust. The vets in my part of Indonesia has limited knowledge on this issue. They just tried on some anti inflammatory medicine. It works the first time but subsequently the medicine doesn't take effect.

I have also tried changing his food, from Eukanuba to Eagle Pro. The condition doesn't seems to get better. I would really appreciate if anyone could help with this.

View attachment 320

I don't think eagle pro is much better than Pukanuba, you may want to try a home cooked diet with salmon oil for a trial period and see if he improves.

Sherry

Reaction score
I would try putting a spoonful of yogurt in the food once a day and change to a grain free food, also use a mix of 1 gallon of water with 1 cup of vinegar , after you shampoo and rinse, use the vinegar water as a final rinse and leave it on , don't rinse it off. it will balance the ph level in the skin. you won't believe the clean feeling and the most wonderful feeling for your pooch

PipSqueak

Reaction score
View attachment 319 Hi, my dog is having this problem too. First are red bumps then some of them has boils and it will dry up to form a crust. The vets in my part of Indonesia has limited knowledge on this issue. They just tried on some anti inflammatory medicine. It works the first time but subsequently the medicine doesn't take effect.

View attachment 320
This really does sound like any allergy, my Boxer gets the same thing from time to time bumps can range from welts to blisters that dry to form crust. I gave him a new brand of treats a couple of weeks ago and he had a flare up of bumps and a runny nose, I gave him a weeks course of over the counter Benedryl Allergy (Diphenhydramine) which the vet had recommended (1mg per every pound of weight) and a soothing bath and he was back to his loony self:D Really random things to tend to cause a flare up for him including flea and tick shampoo.