Harness advice

ablokecalledjoan

Reaction score
Hi,

i'm looking for recommendations for a harness for my frenchie, Bobby. There seems to a lot on the market, so i've no idea where to start.

Any brands, particular models, links that suit a frenchie would be great. From what i've looked at you can get a range of sizes as well, so some advice on that would be good too as i'm a bit uncertain with them being a small but chunky breed.

thanks in advance.

Nick

winginit66

Reaction score
I've got the ones that you don't have to put over their heads. They step into where their legs go through and then it snaps up top. They adjust in about 4 different places.

eeturk

Reaction score
We like the Puppia adjustable harness, I think it's called ritefit or something like that? It buckles and adjusts around the neck and the belly. Hudson wears a large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ablokecalledjoan

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Gone with the Puppia as none of the other recommended seem to be available in the UK.

mmclean

Reaction score
I also like the bully belt. It's a Canadian company so I don't know if they are available in the UK. Radar is 32 pounds and wears a size 7. It's really easy to put on him, comes in great colors and has been very durable.

TMizelle

Reaction score
We love the comfort flex harness! We have an XS small for Isabell and and xl for our Doberman. It comes across their chest and discourages pulling.

ducklvr

Reaction score
hey everyone - in regards to the harness, I LOVE the Puppia brand but... my 1 yr old, Opie managed to "slither" out of his Puppia while riding in our Side by Side... so I'm looking for one that will work while riding in the car, attached to the "seatbelt" piece... and out on the Dunes, so he's kept safely inside with me! :) Thanks in advance for your help! IMG_2023 (1).jpgIMG_2024.jpg

mmclean

Reaction score
Radar has gotten out of both the bully belt and the puppia harness, but he has t gotten out of the frenchie harness yet (frenchiebulldog.com) but that may be because he wasn't motivated enough to do so. [emoji12]

Carly

Reaction score
I'm a huge supporter of the Frenchiebulldog.com harness. Great design and really easy to clean.

olouttt

Reaction score
I seem to be on the same hunt here!

Our frenchie is four months old and using a julius k9 harness. He is nearly grown out ignoring it so I'm looking for a new one.

I find pulls a lot on to it, almost like the harness encourages him to pull (if that makes sense )

Can any one recommend a harness which is good for pulling or is it worth trying a different style one.

Found some reviews online, but cannot decide on a particular harness decision.

james1991

Reaction score
We use several different harnesses here. Our puppy is a bit of a model. As for the pulling you can flip the harness so the leash is underneath him. For males it works cause it bothers his junk a bit . It won’t hurt him it just gets his attention. There are lots of good options out there I just found this to be simple a cheap

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Ruffwear for my bulldog and an Ezydog for Jax.

mattcantwin

Reaction score
I'm keeping an eye on this thread.

We still have Loki in an Easy Walk harness put on "incorrectly".

He was able to pull back out of the harness when it was on the correct way.