I Give Up!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Ruggles, my six and a half yr. old EB eats Buster's poop, he has since we got Buster in Feb. I've tried everything to get Ruggles to quit; I think eating poop is habit forming and Ruggles has the habit. Usually I split them up when I know it is time for Buster to poop. Tomorrow we have the parade of real estate agents through our house about 9:15 am so I've been vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing floors, wiping drool off furniture, etc. I had just finished hosing down the dog patio when the phone rang. It was Rachel from credit card services. Slam the phone on its charger, back outside and Ruggles was licking his chops, drooling poop. SCORE one for Ruggles. At least I got his mouth cleaned up before he came in the house!

Attachments

• 20130630_155951_resized (2).jpg
    20130630_155951_resized (2).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 148

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
But mom its delicious!!!!

Boy that really does sound like a pain! Have you gotten any advice from [MENTION=72]JeannieCO[/MENTION] yet?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Alice Kable

Reaction score
As soon as we start getting low on his bag of Canidae, I'm going to switch Buster to NVI Ltd Ingredient Turkey that Ruggles eats. Ruggles doesn't eat his own poop or other dog poop. Jeannie (expert on poop eating dogs) thought there could be something in Buster's food that Ruggles likes. We'll see. I have this lingering feeling that Ruggles is hooked on Buster's poop or he is eating it to get rid of the scent--a dominance thing. I've got to say, we go 5 or 6 days beating Ruggles to Buster's poop, then he gets one and I feel defeated! I'm seeing it as failure on my part. Maybe I need a shrink!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you gotten any advice from [MENTION=72]JeannieCO[/MENTION] yet? Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

:rofl: I was going to say the same thing..... oh Jeannie!!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Our Beagle does the same thing and it drives me crazy.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
[MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] does your Beagle eat the same food as the others?

Kazzy220

Banned
Reaction score
No comment on the dog poop eating .... I have Daddy and Bella (english bulldogs) who love to eat cat poop!!!

Cat poop .. dog poop .. it's all disgusting .. and you don't want to get kisses off them for about a week after!!! :bad:

Alice Kable

Reaction score
No comment on the dog poop eating .... I have Daddy and Bella (english bulldogs) who love to eat cat poop!!!

Cat poop .. dog poop .. it's all disgusting .. and you don't want to get kisses off them for about a week after!!! :bad:

I totally agree. We have been able to control the eating of cat, deer, horse, cow poop, just not little brother's poop!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
[MENTION=10]Alice Kable[/MENTION] no the Beagle eats different food as the bullies.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Okay, so it could really be something in the food!

Sherry

Reaction score
so does this mean your yard's the candy store for tootsie rolls ? :rofl:

Danielle

Reaction score
My Nelson eats his poo too, if I'm not picking it up its gone, can't understand how he can find it tasty, I've heard you can put a tiny bit of lemon juice in there food to discourage this but have yet to try it btbh I think it won't make a difference as he will eat anything :(

Sherry

Reaction score
many years ago, I had heard that season salt on the food works, but I'm not so sure about how it affects them health wise.

Kazzy220

Banned
Reaction score
didn't somebody suggest a bit of pineapple once .....???? They eat it and the poop tastes nasty... apparently!!! :whoa:

Alice Kable

Reaction score
[MENTION=7]Kazzy220[/MENTION] I gave Buster pineapple and he got the runs; Ruggles still ate the sloppy poo! Didn't work here!