Recommend your favorite grooming products!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Post here your favorite grooming products!

There is a whole list of tried and wasted... but here is my absolute MUST haves.

Malacetic Otic -- for basic daily cleaning
Malacetic Ultra -- for problem areas like yeast, hives, bumps, scabs or anything out of the ordinary. Has antifungal, antibacterial and steriod.
Panalog-- same as above, great for ear infections, downfall is it's presciption only, but great on irritated wrinkles and yucky tail pockets.
Pharmaseb Shampoo-- antibacterial/antifungal medicated shampoo

I did just try the NuVet Tea Tree Oil shampoo though, and I loved it. Not as much fragrance, better bubbles/suds, didn't dry out my hands as much, and more natural because of the Tea Tree Oil instead of acids and such. So this may be my new shampoo! Or errr.... ummm... I mean the bulldogs' new shampoo!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We like Malacetic Ultra, and Mal-A-Ket wipes, and BKT (Baytril, Keto, Triam) ointment for the tight tail, or tail pocket that might get itchy or irritated every once in a while. (We just use this on a few of our English), as Hazel does not have problems with her tail. Plus the Zoom Groom for brushing them.

Sherry

Reaction score
I must think about this as I have three shelves full of things I like to go too :blush:

Kazzy220

Banned
Reaction score
I am lucky in that so far I have not had too many problems with my bullys ... so I would say my favorite product is the Spa Blueberry Vanilla facial scrub!!

spa facial scrub.jpg

trishkidd24

Reaction score
What do you recommend as the best wipe or solution to use for face wrinkles? She has such a small face I want something that wont sting or hurt if it gets close to her eyes... I noticed she gets a little crusty under her eyes and into her wrinkles a little... just looking for a good solution :)

ALSO... not sure if this is a common problem or not, but I am constantly cleaning her tail pocket... It seems like sometimes poop gets trapped up in there and my husband has to hold her while I clean the back end... Obviously she hates it and her eyes get as big as saucers ha... Just wondering if this is a common problem? All I use currently to clean this area is a dog body wipe.. Should I be putting anything else down there after I clean it out?

mhuinker

Reaction score
This is a great post!! :) Something else to look forward too, never having owned any bulldog, is tail pockets! Really!?! LOL :bad:

kristenhp

Reaction score
Malacetic wipes? Is that ok [MENTION=1]bullmama[/MENTION]?

kristenhp

Reaction score
Where do you buy the Malacetic Ultra? Is it a shampoo or cleanser?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a cleanser, I get from Amazon, there is two. One is the ultra, one is the otic, the ultra is very strong and only recommend using it on problem areas (it has antifungal, antibacterial as well as steriod so it's really good stuff but not something to use daily).

Alice Kable

Reaction score
My favorite grooming devise is my vacuum cleaner--both my boys like to have their fur vacuumed!