Bumps and rashes!

CaliSMoMMy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum! I need help. I got the best Frenchie in the world (mother talking). She's a year and 10 months old. She has been suffering from some sort of allergy. She gets red bumps and rashes that she scratches at, they eventually scab and when I pick it she looses a small patch of hair. She also is addicted to licking her paws. I started thinking it was for attention because she would do it mainly when we weren't giving her attention now it's all the time. I need help!!,! Can anyone give me advice as to any foods you made be feeding your Frenchie that may help or remedies! Thank you!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum! I need help. I got the best Frenchie in the world (mother talking). She's a year and 10 months old. She has been suffering from some sort of allergy. She gets red bumps and rashes that she scratches at, they eventually scab and when I pick it she looses a small patch of hair. She also is addicted to licking her paws. I started thinking it was for attention because she would do it mainly when we weren't giving her attention now it's all the time. I need help!!,! Can anyone give me advice as to any foods you made be feeding your Frenchie that may help or remedies! Thank you!

Oh poor sweet Cali! Allergies are tough!

What foods have you tried? I love Fromm, especially the Pork & Peas or Beef Frittata.

Here is the article on recommended foods, hope it helps!

http://frenchbulldognews.com/content.php/31-Our-Top-Recommended-Dog-Food-Choices

We will also be publishing an article on allergies very soon.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Poor baby, and it does sound like a food allergy. We feed out Bullies and Frenchie FROMM Pork and Peas and they are doing well on it. It may take you a little while to find the right food, as it is trial and error. Just hang in there and start with one of the grain free foods.

Sherry

Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the site, IMO it sounds like a staph infection or Dermatitis. a vet visit would be in order, could you take a picture of the skin sites and post them?

CaliSMoMMy

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Sorry it took me so long to answer but I was just able to take a picture of it. One is of the rash on her belly and one is of the little dry bumps she gets. image.jpgimage.jpg. image.jpg

CaliSMoMMy

Reaction score
Thanks for the inquiry bullmama, we had gotten her from a pet store and they had her on pedigree. On our first visit to the vet they recommended we switch her to eukeneba pro plan I believe it was called. I tried that for a couple months it wasn't working well so then we tried wellness puppy super 5 mix mixed with the wellness wet food but then she was letting out very soft stool so we took the wet food away and she was better with it. But now her rash has been getting worst. I have started buying her no wheat everything including treats. Guess it's not working. So now I'm hoping someone has a better idea for me. My vet had said we can do blood work and try and figure it out but she did say that frenchies are hard to diagnose.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the inquiry bullmama, we had gotten her from a pet store and they had her on pedigree. On our first visit to the vet they recommended we switch her to eukeneba pro plan I believe it was called. I tried that for a couple months it wasn't working well so then we tried wellness puppy super 5 mix mixed with the wellness wet food but then she was letting out very soft stool so we took the wet food away and she was better with it. But now her rash has been getting worst. I have started buying her no wheat everything including treats. Guess it's not working. So now I'm hoping someone has a better idea for me. My vet had said we can do blood work and try and figure it out but she did say that frenchies are hard to diagnose.

Have you ever considered homecooking? Make a little boiled hamburger or chicken, 15% veggies and 10% rice or potatoes. Then you can start adding other stuff, and see what could potentially be causing any flare ups. It could also be a contact allergy... Even to the soap you use to wash her bedding. It kinda looks like a contact allergy to me.

Kazzy220

Banned
Reaction score
Poor baby!! I would say some sort of allergy ... has she always had it or is this something very recent??

Alice Kable

Reaction score
You can have your vet run allergy tests for both food and environment. It is a blood test and it takes about a week to get the results. My Bulldog Ruggles is allergic to corn, rice, potatoes, beef chicken, pork, lamb, eggs, and dairy. I feed him Natures Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey. I wash his bedding in unscented soap and always double rinse it!

Welcome to FBN!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score

I published the article so I'll tag you on it :up: