Frenchie puppies

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have recently added a 2 month old new frenchie puppy. I suspect she is lesser than 2 months. Would anyone be able to tell the age of a puppy? I have been feeding her milk with some dog food and she usually just drink the milk and leave the dog food behind. I even tried feeding canned dog food, she will only take a couple of small bites. She pees almost every hour sometimes 2.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374918387.603539.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1374918420.738730.jpg

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my gawsh!!! want want want! shes adorable!

Looking at her height she is 7-8 weeks I'm guessing... If she was younger her legs would probably be shorter.

Try soaking her kibble in a little bit of hot water for about 30 minutes until all the water is absorbed. This is how I wean my english bully pups.

After a few days don't add as much water and don't soak it as long, continuing this process until you just do straight kibble.
[MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]Sherry[/MENTION] may also have other suggestions for you.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
What a little sweetie pie, she is just too cute. Can't really tell from the pics who young she is, but like [MENTION=1]bullmama[/MENTION] said, just soak her food in warn water until it gets soft, and slowly transition her to hard food over several weeks. I don't know what type of food you are feeding her, but we feed FROMM Puppy Gold in the pink bag to all our puppies. It is a great food for them and it also has small kibble so it is easier for them to eat. I'm sure you will have more questions later so just jump in and ask. Plus we require plenty of pics of your baby too. :2thumbs:

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Oh.. By the way, can I place her in my air conditioned room with my other frenchie? The temperature is around 16-19 degrees Celsius

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Another question, is it normal for a 2 month old puppy to weigh just 2kg? She is really small and out of a litter of 9. I am hand feeding her the soaked kibbles every 3 hours.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
She is such a cutie! I don't know Celsius temperature but do know she needs to be kept warmer than an adult dog. When we got Buster in Feb. it was cold and he would shiver so I got some sweatshirts for him. At 8 weeks Buster weighed 6.9 lbs but he is half Olde English Bulldogge (Mother) and half Frenchie.

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Alice, it is about 65-68 Fahrenheit. My little girl is way undersized. She is 4.4lbs

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I would keep her a little warmer than that, maybe around 74 deg. F. (23 or 24 C.) Plus she is just a little small, but full grow a Frenchie is around 25 lb.s or 11.36 Kg.

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Thank you David, I will keep her out of air conditioned room until she is slightly older and gain more weight.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
OH MY....she is beyond adorable! Congrats on the new baby and :welcome: to FBN!

Sherry

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have recently added a 2 month old new frenchie puppy. I suspect she is lesser than 2 months. Would anyone be able to tell the age of a puppy? I have been feeding her milk with some dog food and she usually just drink the milk and leave the dog food behind. I even tried feeding canned dog food, she will only take a couple of small bites. She pees almost every hour sometimes 2.

View attachment 455View attachment 456

Well she's about the cutest little diva I ever seen. How's she been eating ?

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
Thank you Sherry. She is eating 4 times a day. 0.5oz each meal. She is weighing about 6lbs at this moment. She is about 11weeks old now.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Awww, she's just petite. Maybe she was the smallest in her litter? Enjoy her while she's a pup...it goes by so fast!

Rudi Lim

Reaction score
MamaAndi, she is not the smallest litter of 9, but yea she is one of the smaller ones. She is almost 12 weeks and weighing only 7lbs. Sure she is growing fast. I am going to miss her so small soon.