Potty training

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Alright one more puppy question for the night! We have had our frenchie for a total of three days and potty training is going very good in my opinion! One thing I have noticed though, she is currently pooping at least 4-5 times a day, is this normal?
Not to gross anyone out, but it is solid and looks healthy and normal, I'm just astonished with how often she is going?
We are feeding her the food our breeder told us to feed (our breeder is also a vet), and it is a limited ingredient diet food to avoid any allergy aggregations she may have. We are mixing half wet and half dry until she is another 2 weeks older.
Any info or experience with your previous puppy will be very helpful! Just want to make sure this bathroom routine is normal?

Trish & Margie :)

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Puppies are poop machines, our boy is 7 months old and still poops 3 or 4 times a day. He eats Canidae All Stages now, but I plan to change him to Natures Variety Instinct Limited Ingredient Turkey like his older "brother" eats.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
That's pretty normal, as long as its solid and healthy looking like you said. Glad the training is going good so far!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, when we first got Cheli... he went 4-5 times a day too... all looked OK and then he gradually went to 2x a day (morning and afternnon)

WilbursDad

Reaction score
What is your puppy's feeding schedule? We feed Wilbur twice a day (morning and evening) and he usually poops three times a day. If the puppy's feeding schedule is broken into smaller and more frequent times during the day, then she will require more frequent visits outside.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Right now we feed her three times a day.
Wet food/dry food mix in the morning, just dry food for lunch, and a wet food/ dry food mix.
It's getting better the older she gets. But still roughly 5 times a day ha

Trish & Margie :)