Beds

kim

Reaction score
I'm starting to buy stuff for my frenchie for when I get her in september. The next thing on my list is a dog Bed. Does your dog prefer donut beds, nest beds or the flat pillow type of bed? Also, whats a good type of gentle ear cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Hazel uses a crate bed, the fleece looking kind with a raised edge. You can clean their ears with unscented baby wipes, just wiped them out every once in a while. Hazel's don't get that dirty, and we only have to clean them every week or so.

FindBehr

Reaction score
My dogs have always liked the doughnut beds, but like 2bullymama their true love is for the sofa.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Buster is a nester and would prefer a fleece bed with a raised edge like David described. However, both Buster and his EB brother are bed chewers so their crate pads are from K-9 Ballistics and are pretty much chew proof!

kim

Reaction score
I already have a fleece bed for her crate but I also wanted a bed for the living room. Just in case she gets sick of our laps :)

MamaAndi

Reaction score
Are you getting a puppy or an older frenchie? The only reason I ask is because Stella was super hard to potty train and when she had anything material in her crate (be it bed or blanket)...she peed or pooped on it. Just my experience though, Stella is stubborn. LOL

kim

Reaction score
No, I'm getting a puppy. I never thought of that.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
The only reason I mention it is because potty training Stella was a nightmare! LOL It literally took almost a year. The blankets and beds were a setback for her.

kim

Reaction score
No, I need as much help and info I can get. I have three young kids and if anyone has suggestions to make things easier with our new pup, I'm all ears! :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
For a puppy that you are house training, and we use these pads Google Breeder pads. That is also the name of the web site, they are cotton whelping and puppy pads that are washable and they last a long time. We buy the reclaimed ones for $7.00 each. I usually buy them at dog shows for $5.00 each. They work great.

kim

Reaction score
I've never used house training pads so this might sound like a silly question. Wouldn't using puppy pads prevent/delay them from learning to pee outside?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I've never used house training pads so this might sound like a silly question. Wouldn't using puppy pads prevent/delay them from learning to pee outside?

Yes I agree, the pads [MENTION=4]davidh[/MENTION] posted are a great alternative for crate bedding though :up: they aren't really pee pads per say, they are used for incontinent dogs and little puppies for breeders.

Ps... No such thing as a silly question here, this is how we all learn from each other ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We only use them in their crates to sleep on since they are still too young to hold it all night, and in their play pin for accidents. We still take them outside often so they get used to going out there.

Last edited:

kim

Reaction score
They look like the pads we use in the hospital! I will order a few and try them out. Thanks for suggesting them!