How much dog food?

kim

Reaction score
How much dog food do you go through a month? I'm just wondering what size bag I should buy and around how long it lasts? I'm used to buying for a mastiff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Do you know what the breeder will be feeding her? You'll want to make sure you have enough to transition her over a 2 week period if you plan to change her to a different food. Most people here feed their puppies Fromm Puppy. I am feeding Buster Canidae All Stages because that's what the breeder fed and my vet. approved and Buster is doing very well on it. I am excited for you!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
With Fromm puppy they will likely eat about 1/4 to 2/3 cup 3 times a day at first, slowing increasing as they grow. A 30# bag of Fromm puppy should last about a month.

Make sure you also get some of what the breeder is currently feeding and if you plan on switching to a different food, switch very VERY slowly like Alice said. Their little digestive systems are very sensitive at 8 weeks, and even in adults a change in kibble can really cause some diarrhea and gas issues.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kim

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I can't remember what the breeder was feeding but I know it wasn't Acana or Fromm and I want to feed her one of those. I wanted to make sure I buy just enough of the food she's on now to last two or three weeks while I transition her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhuinker

Reaction score
So, I'm new to this "little" dog arena. I'm used to feeding Boxers. So forgive me if this sounds like an insane question. But how much should you feed an adult Frenchie in 1 feeding, and how many times a day do you feed? :eek:

kristenhp

Reaction score
Yes, how much food should I be feeding my one year old frenchie? She was eating one heaping cup a day at previous home but that wasn't working here. She's done better with half in AM and half in PM. But how much Fromm should she eat?

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Currently we are feeding our 5 month old puppy a total of 1 1/2 cups per day (3/4 cup in the am and 3/4 cup in the pm) She is doing very well on that amount of food right now. Not over weight at all but still a frenchie plump! Eventually when she is over a year old we plan on maybe cutting her down to a total of 1 cup a day (1/2 in the am and 1/2 in the pm)... That pretty much seems to be the standard for adult dogs on fromm. We are feeding the Fromm Puppy in the pink bag... eventually will switch her to the Fromm Classic Adult in black bag because that is what my other dogs are on.

mhuinker

Reaction score
Very helpful thread! Thank you to everyone! :happy2: