Pinched nostrils - need some advice please

lucinda1985

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My little baby cooper, well his actually almost 2 years old has very pinched nostrils they just look like two narrow lines bless him

This summer has been awful for him as soon as he gets out he pants so much, nose runs, froths at the mouth and I have to just let him wee and carry him back inside

His snorting and snoring are really bad too, the vet has advised to get his nasal passages widened which will hopefully allow him to breath easier and she also wants to neuter him at the same time this will come to £400.00

The money is no object at all but I am so worried about the procedure and keep thinking what if he doesnt wake up or if the recovery is really hard on him

Has anyone gone through this that could give some advise?

Thank you

Worried frenchie mum

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Awe bless your worried little heart!

That price sounds reasonable for both procedures. [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] may be able to give you some first hand insight.

It's a pretty common procedure but make sure your vet is a well practiced bully breed vet. This is so important....

:hug: and thinking it will be a good decision for your Frenchies health to have it done.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
The procedure is no big deal and the recovery is nothing. We had one of our English bulldogs nares widened once and it was no big deal, but the results were amazing. Also have your vet check his palate to make sure it is not elongated, as they can fix this at the same time. As [MENTION=1]bullmama[/MENTION] has said, just make sure your vet is a good bully vet and everything should go well.

lucinda1985

Reaction score
Aw thanks guys that's all I wanted to hear! Well 4 weeks to go and my baby will be able to breath easy hopefully!

Alice Kable

Reaction score
[MENTION=165]lucinda1985[/MENTION] That operation is one of the best things you can do for Cooper. He will be a new dog with lots more energy! I have not had nares opened more but have had pallet clips done twice.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
We just had all this done for Cheli back in May. We knew he would need this done when we got him, but our vet would not do the procedure until he was at least two years old. Although it is difficult to see them put under and operated on... i would do it again in a heart beat. Cheli had very difficult time breathing and suffered from apnea.... he know has very little of both

petitsfilous

Reaction score
Hello lucinda, glad to see you came over to the site (spoke to you on petforums.co.uk).

Let us know how it all goes :) Some before and after photos would be interesting as well - you'll have to share them with us :)

lucinda1985

Reaction score
Hello lucinda, glad to see you came over to the site (spoke to you on petforums.co.uk).

Let us know how it all goes :) Some before and after photos would be interesting as well - you'll have to share them with us :)

Yes thank you I feel so much better now, il still be a wreak on the day but it will help him, I will post before and after pics of course!! Thanks again x

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:hug: prayers and positive thoughts for a successful procedure and quick recovery! Please keep us posted