Do you brush your Frenchie's teeth?

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Hi , everyone. I am just curious if anyone brushes their Frenchie's teeth.
Cosette has been with me 3 1/2 months and I just started a month ago doing it every night. She is getting use to it but does not like it.

I use a rubber brush that you slide your finger behind it with pet toothpaste.
Any wisdom you want to share is greatly appreciated.

Lisa

Alice Kable

Reaction score
We haven't brushed Buster's teeth. He keeps them clean by chewing on nylabones and he eats kibble, not wet food that sticks to teeth.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
We don't brush ours either, but they are pretty clean because they like to chew their nylabones.

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 4 month old and I do brush his teeth, usually once a day if possible. I bought a pack that came with the toothpaste, finger brush and toothbrush. I started with the finger brush and now use the toothbrush. Jax doesn't love when I brush his teeth but he loves the toothpaste which makes it easier. You can try just putting a little toothpaste on your finger and let him lick it off then move up to using the finger brush.

MamaAndi

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Stella would try to eat a toothbrush ;)

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Cosette is doing better with the brushing. She doesn't love it but she lets me do it. I would not have thought about brushing but when I adopted her, her first family gave me the pet paste and brushes so I thought why not .

Lisa

Calle Roo

Reaction score
I just started brushing Q-Roux's teeth as I give her daily fresh fruit and I want to help diminish the sugars. She also chews Nylabones, kibble and an occasional rope toy (while supervised). She spends more time trying to chew the finger brush, which is a good distraction because I can give all of the teeth a quick brush before she gets too antsy. Just curious how often you brush your dog's teeth and do you use a finger brush or toothbrush? I'm nervous with the toothbrush as I'm afraid I may hit her gums or teeth with the hard part of the handle.

XoXo from Quella La Roux and her mommy too!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I just started brushing Q-Roux's teeth as I give her daily fresh fruit and I want to help diminish the sugars. She also chews Nylabones, kibble and an occasional rope toy (while supervised). She spends more time trying to chew the finger brush, which is a good distraction because I can give all of the teeth a quick brush before she gets too antsy. Just curious how often you brush your dog's teeth and do you use a finger brush or toothbrush? I'm nervous with the toothbrush as I'm afraid I may hit her gums or teeth with the hard part of the handle.

XoXo from Quella La Roux and her mommy too!
I try to brush Jax's teeth at least 3 times a week. I started with the finger brush the first few times and then went to the toothbrush. I've never had any issues, he loves the toothpaste.

Schimpfy

Reaction score
Just started with Chance now that the puppy teeth are gone, have to do it when he first gets up that is when he has the least energy and is a snuggle bunny.If I wait any longer both the brush and my fingers will not survive.

blushy

Reaction score
I have "tooth and gum wipes" that virtually do the same thing as brushing.

Even with dogs in my past, brushing is a lot harder than giving them a dental bone, so that they clean their own teeth.

Squishy Walnuts

Reaction score
We brush both dogs teeth. They both love it and forward to it. Chicken toothpaste. Yum yum. :unsure: