What could this be?

trishkidd24

Reaction score
I noticed this bump on Margie's face the other day and it seems like today it's gotten bigger. Anyone ever see something like this on your pups face?
I have no idea what it could be?
Ha sorry concerned new frenchie mom :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376532600.751407.jpg

Trish & Margie :)

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
My Frenchie who is 2 1/2 got a similar bump on her neck in early July. The vet aspirated it and had it analyzed . She took antibiotics for three weeks and finally it's receding. It may be a good idea to have a vet look at it just to be safe .

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Yes because I noticed she has one more on the other side of her face right at her on her lower lip. She is only 12 weeks old so not sure what it could be, but we will get it checked out soon if they don't go away.
Anyone else ever see these on their frenchies face?

Tgirl

Reaction score
Looks like what we call puppy acne. Wouldn't hurt to take her to a vet. I'm sure it's nothing serious :)

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking puppy acne too, could also be an ingrown hair.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Does she have any others... because of the location, i wonder if it is puppy warts

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Puppy acne! ha to funny. Only spots she has them are on her lips, on in each corner of her mouth. Look identical and same size.

She is getting boarded by our breeder next weekend which is also her vet so I will mention it when we bring her there. It's not bothering her or anything I just noticed them, and had never seen anything like that before on my other mixed breed dogs.

petitsfilous

Reaction score
Bernie gets those around his mouth and chin. It's acne. If you keep her face nice and clean throughout the day - especially after meals, she hopefully won't get them as much. I pop a little Sudocrem on Bernies when they do appear to dry them up. They go within a couple days. :)

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Cleaning her face is something I don't do after meals, but I can start. She usually licks her bowl clean and then her face but apparently not good enough :)

trishkidd24

Reaction score
What is a good cleaning solution I should use on her face? I have pet wipes but I don't know how clean they actually get her.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
What type of bowl are you feeding her from? Stainless steel is the bets. Some plastic bowls will cause this. I would just clean her mouth after every meal.

trishkidd24

Reaction score
It's a stainless steel lined bowl. I found 3 more around her mouth this morning?
I guess if anyone has a good cleaning solution to use to prevent acne bumps I'd love a recommendation :)
Will she grow out of this, is this just a puppy phase thing?

trishkidd24

Reaction score
This is another picture of the other side of her mouth. I have to wait till she's sleeping to get any pictures.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376609980.636336.jpg

Tgirl

Reaction score
Are you feeding her in a plastic bowl? Some dogs will have a localized reaction to the plastic. Just a thought.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a stainless steel lined bowl. I found 3 more around her mouth this morning?
I guess if anyone has a good cleaning solution to use to prevent acne bumps I'd love a recommendation :)
Will she grow out of this, is this just a puppy phase thing?

Douxo wipes are antibacterial and antifungal. You can even use acne pads like stridex, but is be more keen to use douxo.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Tgirl

Reaction score
LOL Some how I missed the part about the stainless steel bowl. Sorry, now I feel dumb.:blush2:

trishkidd24

Reaction score
Ok great thank you for the suggestion! I was a little hesitant to use a strides pad on her because it seemed so strong, but we will try the anti bacterial wipes :)
Oh by the way, after wiping her face after meals a couple days they are already going down!

Ashley Brown McGiff

Reaction score
She may be having an allergy outbreak. Our dog will break out like this all over his body. We have special shampoo from the vet and also give him Benadryl to get him through it.