Too much excitement?

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 4 month old male Frenchie who went to doggie daycare for the first time on Friday, August 9. He had diarrhea that weekend with it clearing up by Monday/Tuesday. He went to daycare again this past Friday and got diarrhea again all weekend. His behavior is normal other than the diarrhea. The vet is going to do a fecal test just to make sure he doesn't have any parasites but I saw on the internet that some dogs can get diarrhea from being overly excited/over stimulated/playing too much. Considering this has happened after both times of him going to daycare, I am suspecting that to be the problem. Has anyone else had this happen with their Frenchie?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I have not had this happen with mine, but I have heard of it happening, or it could be the water there, or anything he picks up from there.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Hopefully his system will adjust to the excitement of daycare, because I'm sure it is lots of fun and a great way to socialize Jax!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like its a possibility. Good thing to have a fecal done to be sure though? :2thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
The fecal test came back normal so it was not a parasite. The diarrhea cleared up by Monday/Tuesday so I really think it is from being over stimulated. I will talk to the daycare next time I take him to see if they have any suggestions.

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
He probably drinks a ton of water while there too, more than normal. It could stir things up as he likely gulps it from being hot, excited and overstimulated.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)