How to prepare the Bland Diet

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to automatically link the words "Bland Diet" to this topic, so that everytime we mention those words together it will put a link that can be clicked to this topic. That way, we do not have to tell what is in the bland diet each time.

So my question for our members is, what do you put in your bland diet?

I use about 3/4 cup of white rice with boiled hamburger. I use some of the juice from the water I boiled the hamburger in to drizzle over the rice. If I have some on hand, I will also add a heaping tablespoon of cottage cheese.

If I have no hamburger, I will use chicken breast or tenderloins. Never bone in chicken- but if that is all I have I will pull the meat off the bone.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
I have also used scrambled eggs too.

Tgirl

Reaction score
Is this a temporary diet for intestinal upset?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this a temporary diet for intestinal upset?

Yes, it is a great way to sort out diarrhea problems. I've even had great success using this between a food switch without having to go half and half on the kibble. Purely accident when I went to get food and they were out!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

kitkatmummy25

Reaction score
Our vet recommends boiled rice , steamed chicken and scrambled egg and a little bit of mashed potato, in small frequent meals for runny or pukey dogs

chunkybulls

Reaction score
Hi, can I use the bland diet as a transition to new kibble ? I am in urgent need of help because I can't buy the kibble in the USA so now I can't transition my French bulldog's food as I planned.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, can I use the bland diet as a transition to new kibble ? I am in urgent need of help because I can't buy the kibble in the USA so now I can't transition my French bulldog's food as I planned.

Yes, it is a great way to help do a sudden transition

SweetAvery

Reaction score
Now I know how to prepare a bland diet. Thanks for the information.

Milo the french

Reaction score
Just made this for Milo. Boiled. Chicken breast, carrots, and brown rice. No salt in anything. He is eating Natural Balance right now and I wanted to give him this for dinner, and his hard food in the day. What do you think? He is 4 months and just got home from the vet getting some shots. He is not sick or anything. New to this as all.
2f03e7162efef6c73269bfa0a557b599.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

milesstone1

Reaction score
Indeed, it is an extraordinary method for figuring out the looseness of the bowel's issues. I've even had extraordinary achievements utilizing this between a food switch without going cream on the kibble.