royal canin food

Barbarat

Reaction score
Hi anybody else feed this food to their frenchie? He seems to poop a lot on this food like at least 5 times a day is that normal? I am looking to switch but not sure to what,price has to be reasonable, very confused!!!!!

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to be switching mine to Blue Buffalo this weekend. It seems to be reasonably priced, no by-products, corn, soy or wheat.

Barbarat

Reaction score
Cbrugs how old is your baby? Louie is 5 months so i guess i still need puppy food. are you going grain free? he doesnt seem to have any issues,so i'm not sure if i should go grain free

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Royal canine is far too expensive for what it is. It's not even that good of a food really :(

I get my food from petflow, they carry all the best foods! But if you live outside of the USA you may not have that option.

I feed Fromm puppy or Fromm pork & peas, and Fromm beef frittata. It's an awesome food. GO is good, Natures Logic, Natures Variety... Also good. Acana too. Check out the recommended dog foods article on the home page :2thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
Cbrugs how old is your baby? Louie is 5 months so i guess i still need puppy food. are you going grain free? he doesnt seem to have any issues,so i'm not sure if i should go grain free

Sorry [MENTION=199]Barbarat[/MENTION]! I just saw your message post. Jax will be 5 months on Sunday. After a few days of the Blue Buffalo he didn't seem to like it anymore. I got some samples of food from a pet store and I tried out Fromm Pork & Peas and Fromm Beef Frittata and he really liked both so I bought some. The Fromm Four Star products are supposed to be for all life stages but I was at the vet yesterday and was told that is not necessarily true and that I should put Jax on a puppy specific food until he is 9 - 12 months. I know Fromm does have a puppy food so I might try that out. The vet also said that if a dog has no grain allergies, there is no reason to go on a no grain diet.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry [MENTION=199]Barbarat[/MENTION]! I just saw your message post. Jax will be 5 months on Sunday. After a few days of the Blue Buffalo he didn't seem to like it anymore. I got some samples of food from a pet store and I tried out Fromm Pork & Peas and Fromm Beef Frittata and he really liked both so I bought some. The Fromm Four Star products are supposed to be for all life stages but I was at the vet yesterday and was told that is not necessarily true and that I should put Jax on a puppy specific food until he is 9 - 12 months. I know Fromm does have a puppy food so I might try that out. The vet also said that if a dog has no grain allergies, there is no reason to go on a no grain diet.

@desertskybulldogs @ davidh

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score

I agree with your vet, if no allergy signs grain is okay just not corn or wheat. Most kibble allergy problems come from by products.

At 5 months its okay to switch, their biggest growth spurt is from 2-4 months but either way should be fine. Fromm puppy has a bit more fat content while the four star is more lean. If you go with the puppy formula you may want to change if he starts to get chubby. ;)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Debra

Reaction score
My dogs do not have allergies ( knock on wood), I feed lamb & rice. They poo 1-2x day