Lurking in the world of French bulldogs

agingermom

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Tracy and I am a lurker. I have 2 English bulldogs, a Westie, and contemplating adding a French Bulldog rescue dog. My male, Arnold Schwarzenegger is 2 and about 65 pounds and Miss Bertha Bacon is 1. My Westie, Spike, is approximately 7 (he was saved from a puppy mill). We live in Spokane, WA, the East side of the state but just as pretty in its own way. I am a psych RN at the Spokane VA and yes I have seen some crazy stuff . I have been married to Dean for 4 years and he is my best friend and hero. Between the 2 of us we have 8 children, only the fur ones together. I have been accused of treating the fur ones better, lol. We still have 2 children at home, Molly and Eammon (pronounced Amon). I have a twisted sense of humor so considered yourself warned. I have been in active member of the English Bulldog forum for 2 years now. They helped me pick out Arnold, well Arnold helped me pick out Arnold but they helped me make sure he was a healthy boy. Well, that is about it about me. Please tell me what you think about French bulldogs because I am sure you are unbiased, lol.

mcraven2

Reaction score
Why hello there! And welcome to FBN! I think you know what my answer is about you adding a Frenchie.....DO IT! They are so great, just like EBs only smaller with more energy! They really are little clowns stuck in a little compact body! :)

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it's awesome you are looking to add to your fur family! So exciting!

Funny how you are accused of treating the fur ones better.... Who sleeps on who's head?! :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

agingermom

Reaction score
bertha and sleeping.jpg
I think it's awesome you are looking to add to your fur family! So exciting!

Funny how you are accused of treating the fur ones better.... Who sleeps on who's head?! :rofl:

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

HMM, I don't know. Maybe this picture helps:

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Welcome, Tracy!!! Go for it! Your pack needs a Frenchie! They are delightful!

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Frenchies are the best, I wish I would have gotten one years ago.

agingermom

Reaction score
Frenchies are the best, I wish I would have gotten one years ago.

Are they able to keep up or tolerate the rowdiness of English bulldogs? I find that a few of my friend's breeds are irritated by Bertha and Arnold. Lol, of course it may be Bertha and Arnold!!