Separation Anxiety

gianolrac

Reaction score
I have a problem with my frenchie.. he always bark and cry whenever he is alone in a room.. he is in a crate.. the problem is at night even if he is with us but in the crate if i go away and go to my bed he barks like crazy.. it disturbs the neighborhood with his behavior. i cant even leave him in a room if i need to do something else. we have other dogs and if i let him out the crate they fight/play like crazy.. its hard to freem him all the time even at our bedroom.. he bites and chew the thing in the room.. im stressed with his behavior.. anyone experiencing this? how to get rid of this! he is turning 9months in sept. 1. is this normal for a puppy?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Cbrugs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a somewhat similar situation. Jax is about 4 1/2 months old and does fine alone at night when he is confined in the kitchen to sleep but other than that, he HATES to be alone. He has only been left alone twice (confined in the kitchen area) for a couple hours and he went absolutely crazy...he hated it! He barked and whined, moved the pen all around the kitchen, tore up the pee pad into little pieces. We got him in June so the kids were home from school on summer break but they go back to school next week and I am worried about leaving Jax alone. I am planning on sending him to doggie daycare but it's expensive so I can only do once, maybe twice a week. Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on leaving puppies home alone? Do they get better at staying alone as they get older?

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Well he is 9 months old and should be used to being b himself by now. Maybe at night put his crate in your bedroom by your bed and see if that helps. During the day I don't have any suggestions on this, as I don't have any bullies doing this. Hopefully someone will be along soon with some experience with this.

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
Although Cosette is not a puppy, I return to teaching next week and know she will have a tough time getting use to my schedule. My husband works from home so she won't be alone.

I cringe when I see "the look" anytime I leave.

Lisa

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Has he had any basic obedience training? If he does not recognize you as his leader he will continue down the road of distruction. I find an incredible amount of frustration in your words, not only about tge barking but in his overall behavior....and it is incredible how much a little training will do to a naughty pup.

Positive reinforcement goes a long way with bully breeds. Even negative attention is attention, and they love attention- period. but once they distinguish good and bad behaviors based on your leadership things will improve.

Have him work for his meal. Simple commands like sit, stay, paw, ect can be taught in just a few feedings. Once he knows you have complete control over his food, he will give you more respect.

Time, and patience are very important. If he starts barking in his crate, try to shake a can if pennies and firmly say no. Continue doing the no command with the pennies on all unwanted behaviors and each time he barks.

Hope these suggestions help, there are many ways to train , but building a bond of respect toward each other is a number one must have in your relationship.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)