Napping puppy question

Coopersmom

Reaction score
I have had 11 week old Cooper for only 4 days.

I know he is only a new baby but noticed he sleeps more than he plays. His energy is higher in the morning. I live in Spain so day times are hot!! He prefers the tiles to sleep on and won't entertain his bed. Is this normal to sleep so much?

MamaAndi

Reaction score
I think so. That's why puppies are so endearing...they sleep and cuddle. Lol I seem to remember Stella sleeping more when she was younger.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Yes, pups will sleep more than they play, they will play 30 to 40 minutes and sleep several hours, this is good for them.

Debra

Reaction score
My 3 love to lay on the tile floor too, especially Otis.

Alice Kable

Reaction score
The tile floors are cool to the touch! My boys like tile floors, too!

Buster is half Olde English Bulldogge and half Frenchie, but one difference we noticed is how much he liked to play. He keeps very busy and doesn't nap much at all compared to his English Bulldog brother. He also gets the "zoomies" several times a day where he runs laps around the kitchen, dining, living room with a toy in his mouth!

anumb1

Reaction score
my little guy likes to lay on the air vents in the floor of our house...he's one smart guy! He is a little over 4 months old now, but he slept a decent amount when he was younger, so like others said, perfectly normal. He will get more energetic before you know it!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
He also gets the "zoomies" several times a day where he runs laps around the kitchen, dining, living room with a toy in his mouth!

holy crap -- Chelios does the same thing.... he HAS to have a toy in his mouth when running 'laps' it is so freakin funny --- keep trying to get video but he is TOO fast

Alice Kable

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] same here, he always has a toy in his mouth. Sometimes he skids to a rolling stop and changes toys then continues his laps!

Babette

Reaction score
Babetty slept most of the time as a puppy (even more now!) with short bursts of zoomies throughout the day. I think it's normal, especially with the heat. :)

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION] same here, he always has a toy in his mouth. Sometimes he skids to a rolling stop and changes toys then continues his laps!

HOLY MOLY... exactly! he so cracks me up

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Buster's dad and Chelios must be related, [MENTION=2]2bullymama[/MENTION]!