I think I saw a flea!!!

Barbarat

Reaction score
I put frontline on Louie on august 18 and I think I saw a flea on him today! I have never had fleas on my other dogs when I used frontline. His hair is so short I'm having a hard time looking, I saw it by his ear and when I went to get it he was having none of it lol!! I don't see any flea dirt but did notice he has a couple of bumps on him. Any suggestion for shampoo or natural products? He was at the dog park on Sunday but I thought frontline would cover him.

Tgirl

Reaction score
Frontline has never worked well for me with fleas. It does pretty good with ticks though. I like Trifexis for fleas and as a heartworm preventative. Nothing is going to get 100% of fleas 100% of the time though. The flea you saw also could have just gotten on him.

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
[MENTION=1]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=3]Sherry[/MENTION] - is it hte Apple cider vinegar or dawn dish soap that does the flea control?

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly its the dish soap... I'm not too sure tho as fleas are not a problem in Arizona (at least not where I live).

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Tgirl

Reaction score
Dawn dish soap will kill any fleas that are on him. The problem with that is that it's bad about stripping off your Frontline.

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Dawn dish soap will kill them. We don't use any topical flea meds. The only thing we use to control fleas and we (knock on wood) don't have a flea problem is Sentinel for heartworms.

Sherry

Reaction score
Dawn dish soap will kill them. We don't use any topical flea meds. The only thing we use to control fleas and we (knock on wood) don't have a flea problem is Sentinel for heartworms.

we too don't use topical flea meds. Thank goodness although fleas are epidemic in our area this year. In fact a guy at work is full of bites from his ankles us to almost his knees, he has 7 cats and a flea infestation that would knock your socks off, gives me the heebejebeese

MamaAndi

Reaction score
I don't like to use flea products either. I use a mix of lemon juice and water and give them a good spray all over (being careful to avoid their face). We've not yet had a problem.