Babette says hello!

Babette

Reaction score
:) Hello!

Babette and I are new here. Babette is my first frenchie who I am absolutely head over paws in love with! I've had her for about a year now and look forward to meeting other frenchie enthusiasts.

A little information:

*Babette is roughly 23 lbs @ about 1 year old (we were told she was going to be huge ~ around 30 lbs! glad she's stayed relatively small)

*Her favorite treat is: anything she can get into that big mouth of hers, but especially ice cubes and whatever daddy happens to 'accidentally' drop while he's eating dinner.

*Her favorite activities are: napping, playing, and chasing the kitties around (we're working on that one!)

*She is a wonderful sport as far as being dressed up in ridiculous costumes by her mommy. Last year she was a bullysaurous!

*We are from California and the heat has been killer. Thank goodness for the air conditioner!

*We're still looking for a good brand of dog food, and considering adding elements of a raw diet into her current regime.

*She does seem to be suffering from allergies and chews her paws and inner back legs constantly. We've had many vet visits because of it, and ultimately suspect it's food related.

We look forward to hearing from other bullies, it has been a pleasure meeting you. :)

376438_469293843081594_560058133_n (1).jpgBabette Bow1.jpg

Alice Kable

Reaction score
Babette is beautiful! Welcome to you both! You might consider having her tested for food allergies before doing a food switch!

Cosette Girl

Reaction score
My goodness, Babette looks a lot like my Cosette. Cosette's first mom told me she got her as a puppy in CA.
Perhaps long lost cousins? LOL

Welcome!

Tgirl

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. Babette sounds like a fun girl to have around!

mhuinker

Reaction score
Welcome! What a cutie she is! I can't wait to have a Frenchie (or two) :pray:

trishkidd24

Reaction score
What a sweetheart!! I've only had my french for 4 weeks now, but Im totally in love!! If we didn't have a total of 3 dogs already I think I'd be begging for another frenchie!

Trish & Margie :)

davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Reaction score
Welcome to the site and your baby is a cutie, plus Frenchies are the best. We feed ours FROMM Pork & Peas, and she is doing well on it.

Sherry

Reaction score
:) Hello!

Babette and I are new here. Babette is my first frenchie who I am absolutely head over paws in love with! I've had her for about a year now and look forward to meeting other frenchie enthusiasts.

A little information:

*Babette is roughly 23 lbs @ about 1 year old (we were told she was going to be huge ~ around 30 lbs! glad she's stayed relatively small)

*Her favorite treat is: anything she can get into that big mouth of hers, but especially ice cubes and whatever daddy happens to 'accidentally' drop while he's eating dinner.

*Her favorite activities are: napping, playing, and chasing the kitties around (we're working on that one!)

*She is a wonderful sport as far as being dressed up in ridiculous costumes by her mommy. Last year she was a bullysaurous!

*We are from California and the heat has been killer. Thank goodness for the air conditioner!

*We're still looking for a good brand of dog food, and considering adding elements of a raw diet into her current regime.

*She does seem to be suffering from allergies and chews her paws and inner back legs constantly. We've had many vet visits because of it, and ultimately suspect it's food related.

We look forward to hearing from other bullies, it has been a pleasure meeting you. :)

View attachment 734View attachment 735

:smileywelcome: I have 5 bulldogs and they love Fromm Pork and Peas, I order and have it delivered to my door from PetFlow

Babette

Reaction score
Thank you for the warm welcome!

I think I'll ask her vet about testing for allergies - it might save us some $$ and give us a healthier puppy in the long run, thanks for the idea!

Maybe they are cousins, wouldn't that be exciting? :D

I'll check out FROMM online, thank you for the suggestion!

I think if we didn't have two kitties I'd be begging for another Frenchie - but not too much - my husband has fallen completely in love with her and already wants one of his own. He says he's going to name him Francoise. Maybe Babette will get a buddy in a year or two. :D

mcraven2

Reaction score
Welcome to FBN! Babette is adorable!! I also feed my Frenchie and 2 English Bullies Fromm Pork&Peas! It has been an amazing food for all 3 but especially for my male EB who has horrible allergies!

Kazzy220

Banned
Reaction score
:welcome: to FBN!!! I love that second pic of her!!!

We're Fromm feeders here too ... but I prefer the Beef Frittata!!!

2bullymama

Staff member
Reaction score
:welcome3: to FBN!

We feed Fromm Pork and Peas... doing very well. Have also used Beef frittata and Game Bird all in the grain free line.

as for the allergy test, see if you can wait till she is 2 as you will get a better result. The test is not 100% accurate but will give a great starting point of what to avoid

Debra

Reaction score
Cant wait to see more of your Babette!

bullmama

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome Babette is gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)